Need some ideas!

Options
kadysassenger
kadysassenger Posts: 3 Member
My husband and I just started using My Fitness Pal and need food ideas! Good dinners... 0 (or few) calorie snacks... Things that people have been doing for a while and have found to be good advice. Anything! Thanks!

Replies

• jrob454960
    jrob454960 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Check skinnytaste.com. Great website for a variety of meals and snacks. Proven track record! I cook from this site at least 3 times a week and everything has been very good.
  • kmkilpatrick82
    Options
    Most anything homeade is better for you. Ashley makes homeade bread, sauces, (marinara, pizza, etc.) pancakes. Obviously stay away from ASPARTAME and preservatives. I'll get some of her recipes for some of the low calorie meals she has made, but you just have to find what you like on any cooking/recipe website. Make it your own!
  • mercurymads
    mercurymads Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Asian Lettuce Wraps are one of my favorite things to make. Lower fat, low carbs.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Asian-Turkey-Lettuce-Wraps

http://www.recipebridge.com/g/128/5053497770/turkey-lettuce-wraps-with-southeast-asian-flavors

my recipe is somewhere between these 2. the william sonoma says "hoison sauce optional" but it adds so much flavor (and some sugar) and taste of home's suggested frozen mix, which is fine in a pinch, but i use fresh veggies (diced red pepper, scallions, maybe some carrot).

both these call for Boston lettuce. I've used romaine (from the spears) and its perfect because of their strong spine. dont use iceberg, it breaks too easy.
  • ammerique
    ammerique Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For a great dessert or snack, I like to mix vanilla yogurt with sliced bananas, roasted almonds, and some chocolate chips. It tastes a lot like a banana split to me without all the calories!
  • sassy3677
    sassy3677 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hungry girl is a great site for recipes
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I've found that eating smaller meals more often keeps me really full! I actually have a hard time making my minimum 1200 calories a day because I am so full by the end of the day. Everyone is different, but I try to have a balanced, low-sodium diet. I have a cup of blueberry Kefir and a serving of berries for breakfast. I like to make homemade soup or black bean chicken chili which both don't have but about 200 calories per serving. I'll have a salad with lean protein and use fresh citrus juice, EVOO and a bit of honey as the dressing. I'll have another serving of Kefir and berries for snacks at some point during the day. And for dinner I like to load up on more veggies. I've found that preparing all of my own meals and buying nothing processed (except the Kefir) has really helped a lot and is not as time consuming as I thought. Allrecipes.com has some good recipes that you can modify as needed and they show the nutritional information for the recipe.