Women who have had c-sections and/or abdominal surgeries

Options
Have you been able to get rid of your bellies...more specifically that stupid little over hang where your incision is? I have had 4 surgeries on my stomach...1 being the side for appendix and the other 3 cut across my lower abdomen using the same scar/incision. With core exercises, will this over hang ever go away or do I just need to accept that it will be there forever no matter what I do. :grumble: The overhang has definately gotten smaller with my weight loss but I'm thinking my lower abdmen will never be nice and flat.

Replies

• workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 c/s. My "ledge" is there but minimal. I can cover it up with a bikini. I have a pic of my stomach in my profile if you wang to see it.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Mine is going away. I actually noticed this morning that it's much, much, much less present now than it was. Will it ever be completely gone? Who knows. All I can do is keep losing weight/reducing my body fat and see what happens.
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    its going...slowwwwwwly...and seems to the last area to show much improvement....questioning same thing myself...will it ever be truly gone?? time will tell....
  • trail_rnr
    trail_rnr Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Try a focused few months of massaging the scar(s) every night. Just do it before you go to bed. My dermatologist recommended Vaseline but I just use regular old lotion. The skin/subcutaneous tissue clings to the scar (for lack of a better term). If you break that up a bit, it doesn't hang as much. I don't think mine will ever disappear, but it looks much better if I keep it supple.
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I've had 1 c-section and I still have that small little ridge above my scar. It's getting smaller, but very slowly.
    I just bought my first bikini in 7 years and 3 kids last weekend. (pic in my profile)

I, personally, have heavy lifting, eating at a small deficit and time to thank.
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I've had 1 c-section and I still have that small little ridge above my scar. It's getting smaller, but very slowly.
    I just bought my first bikini in 7 years and 3 kids last weekend. (pic in my profile)

I'm similar. I had 2 c-sections. My lower tummy is always the last to slim down (well that and my thighs). I also give credit to heavy lifting, lots of time, eating cleanly at a small deficit and running to credit to my stomach progress. I have pictures on my profile of my tummy.
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Mine is almost gone. Exercise, water, and diet. Eat healthy and it'll be gone in no time!!! I've had 2 c-sections and one other stomach surgery. It's possible!!
  • ditalini
    ditalini Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had a flat tummy after my 2nd C-section. It took until I was practically at goal and lots of workouts to get there. I don't think I'll be flat again now, though. It's been 8 years since my last C which turned out to be pretty complicated. I've got that deflated balloon look in my skin, and I have serious adhesions that would require more surgery to fix. Should I need that hysterectomy after all, I'm going to get a plastic surgeon to clean it up! :)
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I have two kids, first was vaginal birth, 2nd c-section and I managed to get rid of most of my pooch doing 30DS. I never thought I would get rid of it cause I already had a bit of a pooch before having kids but I managed to reduce my pooch and BF% in about two months.

Water, efficient workouts and healthy eating is the way to go.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 c-sections and it is disappearing again. Came back when I got lazy. Just started doing the 30DS and Jillian said reverse crunches are a great exercise for the pooch
  • BeautifulBrownBbyDoll
    Options

Looking at your profile pic! WOW!! I wish my lower abdominals looked good as yours! I got a big grocery sack!

You know that saying, "Your butt is in the front?" Well I'm carrying my butt in the front and I have no butt lol...So y'all are saying that everynight before bed, I should massage it to break it up?