Hi everyone..finally determined to do this!

Options
I finally decided today would be the day! I just started a 3 day cleanse, and will continue with my weight loss goal from there. I am 23, and I have a 2 1/2 year old. After I had her I gained 50lbs, and it destroys me every day. I would love to make some new friends, and be supportive and receive support. All in all I want to lose about 80lbs. One step at a time. :) Good luck everyone. I look forward to reading all of your stories and initiative to lose weight.

Replies

• livelaughlove384
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck! feel free to add me.
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Good decision!

XD Feel free to add me if you want :flowerforyou:
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I started January 7th and so far I have lost 14lbs. This app has helped me get a real sense of what a proper serving should be and how many calories I'm ingesting. I've started exercising about an hour a day 5 times a week and I feel great. I wish you lots of luck!!!
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Good luck, this is really the first time I have ever had such success. It's amazing, good luck to you please feel free to add me x
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of opinions on cleanses here on MFP. Most feel that they aren't necessary. Your kidneys and liver are doing all the cleansing you need.. I hope the boredom and monotony don't put you off all together.

This is not a diet. This is a lifestyle change. If you eat clean, give up processed foods and all sodas, drink lots of water or green tea, get moving, and log everything that goes in your mouth, you will lose weight and feel better. You can friend me, but I do not keep friends who aren't serious about this. Good luck on your journey.
  • MommyofMcKenzie
    Options
    Thank you everyone. Yeah, I think this is what I needed as well, to help me track a proper serving size, and to motivate me to exercise. I think seeing friends progress and getting new tips and ideas will help me greatly.
  • KSGorrell
    Options
    Hi back McKenz:
    You have made the important first step! Making the decision to get it done! I am a TOPS club chapter leader and I lost 103 pounds in 2005. I kept it off successfully for almost seven years. I have been involved in a very stressful war against corporate America's greed and the company that stole our retiree health care benefits and the stress has caused me to go backwards. I now need to lose about thirty pounds. I started using this tool two and one half weeks ago and lost five pounds week one and two and one half week two. Will be getting weighed again tomorrow. I absolutely love this program and if you are honest with it about your food consumption, it is an invaluable tool. Good luck with your efforts and never give up! Attitude is half the battle! You can do it!
    Karen G.
  • MommyofMcKenzie
    Options
    I am very serious. And the only reason I am doing the cleanse is because I want to get started eating healthy. I am not doing a ridiculous cleanse. I am eating lots of fruit, and fruit juice, Activia yogurt, salad, and of course lots of water. I pretty much researched a few different cleanses and added what I think would be best for me. I will let you all know how it works out. I will definitely add you. I am very serious about this. Honestly, the most I have been motivated in a long time.
  • Neha313
    Options
    Today is THE day for me. I am determied to start today. I am joining a gym today wid a personal trainer( wid full payment for 1 year so that i have no choice but go). i would love some support, motivation for this weightloss journey. My target i to lose 30kgs which is about 67lbs. Plz feel free to add me so thru mutual motivation we will reach our goals.
    Neha.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome.

As has been said there are differing opinions on cleanses but if it gets you started, I don't see a big problem.

You're also going to see a huge mix of different ways to lose weight, from plans like WW To the roadmap, so try not to be overwhelmed with all you read here. It's so easy to over think things. Personally, I'm one of the all things in moderation people.

I wish you luck on your efforts. MFP is a great place.

R
  • ssturgis123
    Options
    Hey everyone. Ive been doing this since mid december and have lost 17 pounds so far by eating 1200 calories a day and riding myvstationary bike three times a week for thirty minutes. My weight loss has stalled though and im getting discouraged. Im trying to find some people to keep me in check and share the weight loss journey with me. This sounds like a dating add haha but its easier to do this with a buddy than alone.
  • AllyTheguineapig
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm also trying to drop pregnancy weight and I'm half way to my goal!
  • thatjeffsmith
    thatjeffsmith Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    1200 sounds really really low. Have you consulted with your doctor or a nutritionist?

Also, I would consider adding different kinds of exercise, some basic weight lifting - nothing heavy - might do the trick!
  • Stutz77
    Stutz77 Posts: 113
    Options
    Best of luck, and feel free to add me :)
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like. I am getting back on the bandwagon. I was not very good in December or January. Didn't really log anything or exercise. Still paid attention and didn't gain anything, just stayed steady...but I was sick twice and it really threw off my motivation to be on top of things!
  • bkrominga
    Options
    Hi All!
    I'm not new to MFP, but I've never posted on the message boards before. I'm a mom of 2 and would love to have more people "in my corner" on this journey to lose weight. Please feel free to add me! It's nice to "meet" you all! :)
  • Cccaroline
    Cccaroline Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi
    You're welcome to add me if you like, have a look at my profile. I'm always looking for more friends who want to actively support one another:flowerforyou: