Advice on Creatine

Options
Hi

Ive started Insanity program and started using Creatine Capsules.

I just finished my first week, and my weight stayed same, I know it only a week and its early

But question is Will I put weight on with Creatine?

Any advice or tips for this or anything todo with them will be great.

Im not too borthered about my weight I just want to tone my body up, I know muscle weighs more then fat.

Thanks

Replies

• Sycoholic
    Sycoholic Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Creatine will help with your workout by increasing how long you can do reps and muscle growth. However you'll retain water. Not a bloated kinda retaining water, but it will gorge your muscles with water, meaning it'll reduce muscle definition by giving them a more smoothed over look. This means you'll gain a little weight initially. How much creatine are you taking and when is important as well. You should probably be taking a minimum of 10 grams daily, even your off days.
  • MarkRLFC
    Options
    Creatine will help with your workout by increasing how long you can do reps and muscle growth. However you'll retain water. Not a bloated kinda retaining water, but it will gorge your muscles with water, meaning it'll reduce muscle definition by giving them a more smoothed over look. This means you'll gain a little weight initially. How much creatine are you taking and when is important as well. You should probably be taking a minimum of 10 grams daily, even your off days.

has it says, 6 capsules. 3 before workout and 3 after
  • stephgas
    stephgas Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    my hubby uses creatine in the AM and post-workout. you burn up some creatine during the workout so you want to replenish that. and drink A LOT of water. creatine really makes your liver work. he's followed that regimen for a year and has gained 40 pounds of muscle.