Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How long do people stay on MFP?

I'm curious as to how long people do MFP for? Does anying know on average how long people stay on it for? I'm envisioning eventually hitting my target, hopefully stabilising but fully exoecting to go back on it as the pounds creep back on over time. Does it basically become a way of life to be successful?

Replies

• mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    great question! I just started this year/Jan.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    I've been here 522 consecutive days. I don't plan on stopping any time soon. I enjoy the social aspect and logging makes me feel secure.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    I'm curious as to how long people do MFP for? Does anying know on average how long people stay on it for? I'm envisioning eventually hitting my target, hopefully stabilising but fully exoecting to go back on it as the pounds creep back on over time. Does it basically become a way of life to be successful?

Why do you assume the pounds will creep back on over time? Just keep logging once you get to maintenance and you'll never have to diet again.
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    I am new and I plan on it being a way of life, maybe with some modification like not being here all day every day. But fully plan on always logging and checking in.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    I think it does become a way of life. I've been here quite a while. I'm maintaining (after I drop these couple that creeped back) and use the tools to keep me motivated.

I don't log my food as often as I did in the beginning, but I still do and I believe that's why I haven't gained the weight back.
  • ladycoy
    ladycoy Posts: 41 Member
    I intend to keep at it even when i reach my goals, its a great tool for measuring and keeping a check on things!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    it's a lot like hotel california.

You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.

I'm on my 3rd SN.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,644 Member
    forever.
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Everyone's needs differ. I don't think there is really a solid answer for that question.
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    I have been on for almost 3 years and I honestly do not see myself leaving. I love the support that I get from my friends.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    I'm 2+ years on here (new account name). I'm kinda... not done just yet. These are the only healthy-ish lifestyle people I know. If I had to depend on my real-life friends, I would be very overweight again.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    this is only my second year on it but i gave it up during the holidays. I gained 5 lbs and got back on in January. It was a nice break and i will probably do the same this year
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Just passed my year mark last month... I'll probably be here a bit longer!
  • Jeeenjohnson19
    Jeeenjohnson19 Posts: 54 Member
    i used it for 14months straight and lost 70something pounds lol, and then just used it now and again. In the past year about 5 pounds have creeped back on, mainly due to weight i put on over xmas, but i'm being more strict with it now to lose the 5 pounds plus a little bit more :) going on holiday in June so would like to look a bit smaller haha
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    For as long as it takes.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    I've been here over a year and have no plans to leave. This isn't a diet, this is the rest of my life and my health. There is much that logging your food and exercise can teach you about your choices, even in maintenance.

Get rid of the attitude that the weigh is coming back and make lasting changes.
  • novalh42
    novalh42 Posts: 102 Member
    One of my friends has been on for 955 consecutive days and she is probably never getting off. Good luck to you!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Most don't last too long. But there are a handful of a amazing folks that were her before I was, and I look forward to seeing their posts and interacting with them as we have time.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    25 months on here so far. 50lbs lost, 30lbs gained and now a few inches lost.
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    I've reached my target goal, and don't have any plans on leaving. Logging my calories every day has helped keep me accountable. It was the lack of accountability that let the weight creep up in the first place.