Anyone doing GSP's Rushfit?

Options
Just finished up Insanity a couple days ago, now onto Georges St- Pierre's Rushfit program. There doesn't seem to be too many threads surrounding the topic, so I was wondering if anyone else is doing it? I just started today and I'm liking it so far. Looking for some buddies to share the experience with!

Replies

• YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • johnsongirls
    johnsongirls Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I started a thread like this earlier today. I started today too! Ouch! But I really liked it.
  • stevelowery148
    Options
    Was thinking of starting it myself too. I'm surprised there isn't more threads around here about this program. I was doing my own research and found this review of it which seems pretty good: http://www.yourenotstupid.com/georges-st-pierre-rushfit-workout-program-review/

I'm thinking I'll give it a go in the next few weeks. Keep us posted on how you like it.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm on month 2 of the beginner schedule right now..

I really love it.. My pushups are really progressing, and I can see how far I've come in 2 months...
    I fit into a pair of jeans I hadn't worn in almost 4 years thanks to Erik Owings, GSP and their mega squatting routines!!

I feel like im gonna have thighs and bunz of steel when this is all over..

Feel free to add me.
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I am considering starting it. Thanks for the link to the review.
  • veddar79
    veddar79 Posts: 205
    Options
    I did the intermediate schedule. I aso regularly do Jiu Jitsu 3 days a week. It is very helpful for JJ...weight loss/muscle build....wasn't a fan. It is VERY rough on the shoulders. Compared to Insanity's weight loss ability and P90X muscle gain ability...meh....it was fun to have something else to do, but I didn't get results from it.
  • nanook37
    nanook37 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am doing the intermediate calendar and have one workout left to finish week three - Personally I really like the program... Insanity was too hard on my knees/arches and P90X workouts are a little longer than I have time for. I wish there were a couple of different warm-ups cool downs but other than that it is a really solid program for me...
  • dward2011
    Options
    How do you guys log this? I have a HRM that I can wear to estimate calories burned, but is that the best option?
  • johnsongirls
    johnsongirls Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I wear my HR monitor and then create a new exercise when I log it. I am trying to keep track so I just call it Rushfit day (whatever day I am on) and then log the minutes and calories according to my HR monitor.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I did the intermediate schedule. I aso regularly do Jiu Jitsu 3 days a week. It is very helpful for JJ...weight loss/muscle build....wasn't a fan. It is VERY rough on the shoulders. Compared to Insanity's weight loss ability and P90X muscle gain ability...meh....it was fun to have something else to do, but I didn't get results from it.

Dag, this is disappointing. Funny thing is that I actually gained weight on Insanity, so maybe I'll lose weight with rushfit?
  • dward2011
    Options
    I wear my HR monitor and then create a new exercise when I log it. I am trying to keep track so I just call it Rushfit day (whatever day I am on) and then log the minutes and calories according to my HR monitor.

Sounds logical to me. Thanks!
  • Tonwen
    Tonwen Posts: 6
    Options
    I just started Rushfit yesterday and was looking for ideas on how to log it. Thanks for all of the great suggestions!