Not seeing the results

So I have been running at least 3 times a week and also trying to do cross training and I'm also staying in my daily calorie range but I'm just not seeing the results...I actually seemed to gain 3 lbs unless the scale was wrong when I started...help!!

Replies

• How long have you been working at it?
  • how much water are you drinking? drink more
  • I have been working out for about a month and a half maybe but just started using my fitness pal a few weeks ago
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Lemme guess - 1200 calorie goal and you are doing your best to stay under?
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    A few weeks is a short time. This is a slow steady and very successful way to lose.
  • mumonly
    mumonly Posts: 4 Member
    Is it bad to be under 1200 a day? I am struggling to eat that amount? help
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    patience and persistence
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Your goal is to lose 10lbs - it is going to be slow. The less you have to lose, the harder it is.
    Also, initially you would have retained water in your muscles when you began working out which would mask any small losses.

But without know you info, height weight calorie goal, workouts and food intake its hard to answer.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Is it bad to be under 1200 a day? I am struggling to eat that amount? help

1200 is too low for many people. It's basically the bottom line.
    I can't see your diary but many people who have difficulty getting 1200 in is because they are "dieting". By that I mean they only eat what most people consider "diet food" - low calorie/low fat versions of food and low calorie foods. They typically avoid nutrient dense and calorie dense foods because they are high calorie even if they are healthy - like avocado, nuts, olive oil, etc
  • hrbonner
    hrbonner Posts: 7 Member
    if you have just started exercising you will be gaining muscle.
    muscle weighs more than fat, so no surprise you are not losing!
    I always gain weight when I hit the gym hard- I notice a weight loss when I dont exercise as much.
  • 3dogsrunning
    if you have just started exercising you will be gaining muscle.
    muscle weighs more than fat, so no surprise you are not losing!
    I always gain weight when I hit the gym hard- I notice a weight loss when I dont exercise as much.

You don't gain muscle that quickly. And not from cardio. The weight increase you see is due to your muscles increasing the glycogen stores in anticipation of the nex workout. Glycogen requires water to be stored so you are basically retaining water in your muscles which increases weight. When you aren't working out as often, your muscles reduce the stores (same thin happens if you it your carbs) and you drop the extra water/glycogen.
  • Yea, I am 5'3 and was 140 but then went up to 146 and now I am at 143. I try to run/walk 3 miles atleast 3 times a week then I either do weights or the jillian michaels 30 day shred on opposite days but I haven't been doing the video often because of school and hw in the way. I will just keep trucking along hopefully I will start seeing results soon