Hungry!!

Options
Hey everybody!

I started a diet last Tuesday and nearly everyday I find myself hungry, wanting a snack. I know snacks are where the weight is going to sneak in, so what do you do when you get hungry between meals? I don't want to constantly pick up a snack every time I feel my stomach empty. Any suggestions?

Replies

• alittlemopo
    alittlemopo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Snack, just make sure you allow for it.

I snack all day long, I would not last if I didn't. Fruit, baby bel cheese, turkey pepperoni, hard boiled eggs, string cheese, etc.

Good luck!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I plan for snacks throughout the day. I pre-measure them and pack them in my bag on the way to work. I find that I get irritable and foggy if I don't. Looking at your diary, it looks like you have the room in your calories to fit some extra munchies in.
  • OLeoLionessO
    Options
    I tend to eat a lot of healthy snacks but still don't seem full enough to stop eating. I've tried various types of snacks. I would love to hear some tips and tricks as well that will help me too!
  • dolphinswimmer15
    Options
    I agree with the planning for snacks. I have a variety of the 100 calorie snack packs.. I plan for them throughout the day. I also use the special K protein meal bars. Most of the varieties have 200 or fewer calories, and to me at least are quite filling (I prefer the chocolate chocolate chip, and I eat one usually 1-2 hours before lunch and maybe another 2-3 hours after lunch. When I don't use these snacks, I measure out other choices and put them in baggies or containers. Also drink a lot of water. If your urine looks like water though, you're drinking too much.
  • dolphinswimmer15
    Options
    If it's a chewing thing though, look at getting some xylitol chewing gum.
  • SweetestHoney
    SweetestHoney Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Stay hydrated with lots of water. Tea helps too. Also, snack! Pre measure nuts and bag them up. Also fruit is amazing at curbing hunger because they're hydrating and full of fiber.
  • yankeesrj12
    Options
    Bagging small snacks sounds like a great idea! I tend to eat out of the box, which only makes me eat more.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat a lot of healthy snacks but still don't seem full enough to stop eating. I've tried various types of snacks. I would love to hear some tips and tricks as well that will help me too!

Protein, fat, complex carbohydrates & fiber all help you stay full longer. Try to incorporate protein with every meal so you won't want to snack too soon. For snacks I like to "hit" a couple of components .... a hand full of nuts & raw veggies (nuts = healthy fats, some protien and lots of fiber from the veggies).

Greek yogurt with berries .... lots of protein & fiber (berries) too

Air popped corn plus a sprinkle of parmesan cheese (lots of fiber .... fat from cheese)