White Hair Streak

Options
I have a white reoccurring hair that continues to appear smack dab in the front middle of my head! I don't think it is my hair going gray. It is a totally different texture then the rest of my hair, very course and almost doesn't even feel like a strand of hair.

Anyone experience this? I'll bring this up with the next I am seeing my doctor however that won't be till April.

I'm wondering if it may be a vitamin deficiency?

This hair started appearing around the same time that I started exercising regularly. Could it be related some how?

Replies

• kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    White, grey, silver hair do tend to have a different texture. Mine feel almost like a cat's whisker. That's why white hair is harder to dye. I started going grey when I was 19....
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the world of greying hair! My greys are some kind of mutant kinky things that stick out wherever they want. Not looking forward to a full head of this stuff!
  • VickiMitkins
    VickiMitkins Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Grey hair is usually coarser and can start in spots. I have a streak on the right side, but not the left, and it is definetely grey.
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Yikes, gray hair :sad: I am 31 and I have plucked quite a few. I regularly dye my hair so I don't notice them as much but I occasionally find a few strands that don't dye well. They have the same texture you mentioned. I think I have been going gray since I had my first child at 20. Kids will do that to you LOL.
  • brokenjawedmuse
    Options
    I'm 26 with salt and pepper hair (I've been graying since 16-17). Which really sucks because my hair is a super dark brown.

I dye it. Not a big deal.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    It's not a vitamin deficiency, it's a gray hair. And yes, their texture is different from non-gray hair.

I started getting gray hairs in my teens. You'll survive.
  • VastBreak
    VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Wow, if this is the beginning of going gray then I am in trouble!! It totally doesn't lay well with the rest of my hair! It is always kinky and crazy. When I finally see it I'm wondering how I missed it!
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I have a friend at work who has sort of medium brown hair, and she has a long thick stripe of gray right down the middle of her hair like that too. It's very defining.. I think it looks good, once we all got used to it.
    My mom on the other hand, dyes her hair constantly... When the color's worn out and the gray is creeping back in, our family tells her that her "skunk stripe" is showing and it's time to dye it again ;)
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Totally Normal. I started getting gray at 21 years old. :)
  • VickiMitkins
    VickiMitkins Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Wow, if this is the beginning of going gray then I am in trouble!! It totally doesn't lay well with the rest of my hair! It is always kinky and crazy. When I finally see it I'm wondering how I missed it!
    Not all of it will be that bad. If these are the first you might notice them changing a bit over time. Also, you might only get a few in that one area for several years. If it does start coming in heavy it might be time to switch hair care production. I really like Wen and Chi products. Wen is a bit expensive, but the Chi is more reasonable at my local salon.

Life works in strange ways. I have very kinky, curly, fine hair. I hated it as a kid and always wanted it to be straight. I started getting grey on the right temple 10-12 years ago, but it only started coming in heavy in the last two years.The grey is less curly and now that I'm dying it regularly (I would not bother except I also have dark brown hair and the grey washes me out) it is much easier to handle. I also take about 10,000mg of biotin a day. It helps improve hair quality. I think that's also one of the reasons my grey is coming in less kinky than my natural hair.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    If it's just one hair - pluck it. I did that for a while. I was keeping up with it. Now, I've got quite a few more so I gave up on that one. They all appear in the same area. Luckily, they look sorta like hi-lights. I wouldn't worry about it. If it's really just one hair - pull it.

Monica