How long do people stay on MFP?

Options
124»

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    So for the long termers what would you estimate is the average life span on MFP?
  • er700100
    er700100 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Forever! :)
  • cossmos
    Options
    I plan to stay on MFP as long as it helps me track what I eat I have so far lost 22 lbs and look forward to the next 22lbs
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    way of life for me. Currenly about to hit day 395 in a row but hope even when "goal" finally arrives I will still be here, giving AND receiving support, inspiration and hope.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    All I know is I'm not done yet. I can't speak for my future, but once I'm at target weight, it'll be a case of teaching myself better eating habits and listening to my body. Work in progress. ;)
  • goodtf
    goodtf Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Only a few months but it has so totally changed my awareness of my eating habits, thst at this point in time, i am planning on living on this site. As other people have said, the support that is given through friends with the same goals is invaluable!! For the very first time in my life since after i gained weight, i KNOW i can control it!!! Thank you MFP and my "friends"
  • beachgirl172723
    beachgirl172723 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    it's a lot like hotel california.

You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.

I'm on my 3rd SN.

LOL!!! Thats exactly how I feel about it!

Absolutely!!!!

:/ so true.....
  • KathleenC12
    KathleenC12 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Been here 6 mos, almost at my goal. Figure I will never stop logging b/c in past, have gained and lost the same 25 lbs for decades. And guess what I did not do: eat to my caloric requirements and log it.

It's not morality, it's math.
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    And here, people get it. I think THAT is why people stay.

My fiance doesn't get why I think it would be awesome to be able to deadlift HIM. Nobody understands why I still WANT to lift with a bad back, or why I want to be able to run a marathon.
    On here, I don't need to explain it.

Yep, pretty much. People around here seem to share my OCD and enthusiasm about certain things. I quite like that. :smile:
  • KeithChanning
    KeithChanning Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Been here 6 mos, almost at my goal. Figure I will never stop logging b/c in past, have gained and lost the same 25 lbs for decades. And guess what I did not do: eat to my caloric requirements and log it.

It's not morality, it's math.

This exactly
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    it's a lot like hotel california.

You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.

I'm on my 3rd SN.

LOL!!! Thats exactly how I feel about it!

Absolutely!!!!

:/ so true.....
    spooky but true & I plan to be a very active octogenarian checking in daily :noway:
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I joined 3 years ago, but I didnt stay. I went back to the site I was using at the time. I've been fairly consistently on here for a year now.
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I had lost weight successfully in the past on WW and it all came back each time. For me logging, keeping track, planning and fitting meals and snacks into my days and weeks via whatever method will be essential long term. Whenever I stopped tracking in the past the weight came back, stop measuring and weighing food the portions get bigger and bigger. I imagine I will always have to do some type of logging to keep the weight off (eventually, when I get to goal). Thankfully with technology and access to technology I should be able to be accountable electronically for a long time. Assuming MFP will continue to be my choice :smile:

When I first joined MFP which I chose over WW as a more viable (and cheaper) option, someone posted in the forums that you need to eat like you were at goal or like the smaller healthier person you want to be. I did not phrase as well, but in short you cannot go back to your old ways when you lose weight, which of course I knew but something about how it was stated really sunk in for me It really pointed to the problem of me always stopping logging and the weight and then some always coming back.

Luckily for me I do enjoy logging and working out meals and foods in advance, it has helped for weight loss but also shopping and preparing meals, which had become a bothersome chore. Now my pantry, fridge and freezer are always stocked with dozens of meal options ready to go, I have a general idea of meals for the week, which eliminated last minute take out and eating out which had become all to common which of course helped to pile on the weight too.

So in short, I have several to many months to go to get to goal which will most likely be well over a year after I joined so at that point it should be part of my lifestyle that I will just continue.
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I've just passed my one year anniversary. I can see it being a lifetime thing.