Anyone have strange reason for losing weight?

Options

Replies

• jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I always have that fear of falling of a mountain and not being able to hold myself, or pull myself off the ledge.

I better get working on my pullups!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to go as a superhero for halloween and not in an ironic "duffman" sort of way but a damn built, real-deal, well cut superhero!!

edit: and also zombie apocalypse just because of that dude up there.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Does sex with people who are currently strangers count? I'm gonna go ahead and count it.

And the coffin thing. Ugh.
  • marywanoKC
    Options
    Yeah, zombies... That's actually one of my #1 reasons these days. It's gonna happen, people, and when it does, I wanna be able to kick *kitten* and takes names and NOT get eaten. :-D

But also, just normal stuff like wanting to fly comfortably or hike long distances. I was homeless for a few months when I was a teenager, and hitch hiked everywhere or walked, and I want to be in good enough physical shape that I could endure something like that again if I ever needed to. There's no fear of that ever happening, but I want to know that I'd be okay.

ETA: Yoga. Man, it's hard to do at 300+ lbs. I CAN do some things, but I want to do them all. Pushing fat out of the way sucks. :(
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    When the zombie apocalypse comes, I don't want to be the first one eaten.

cardio-gif.gif
  • Nonnyette
    Nonnyette Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Zombies, meh. I want to be Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Powerful women FTW.
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I want to be a ninja

I want to go beat mt miroriyama

I really want to do a handstand push up

I'm about 90% sure 1 and 2 will never happen but you never know, a girl can dream!
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be the one riding in one of those scooter carts at walmart cause im to fat to walk.

lol!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    When I hear the TARDIS landing, I want to be fast enough to catch up with The Doctor before he leaves.
  • Jessimaaka
    Jessimaaka Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I had an epidural during labour, and they had to take me for a c-section...it took a lot of nurses to transfer me from the labour bed to the stretcher since I was frozen...like 4-5? I don't want to be that person again when I have another baby.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I don't know if they could be considered strange reasons, but not your typical ones, I suppose.

1. To be able to take care of my husband should his illness ever make that necessary.
    2. Not wanting to be stuck on this island for the rest of my life.
    3. Not wanting to be too large for medical equipment.

The zombie apocalypse never concerned me. The average every day apocalypse is just fine, thank you. Personally, I never wanted to survive it.
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    Options
    When the zombie apocalypse comes, I don't want to be the first one eaten.

This. Exactly.
  • MichelleZannone
    Options
    Well it's kind of shame's me to put this out there, but a few year's ago I went jet skiing with a friend's family. I went out with two young girl's on one ski and we fell into the water. Well I couldn't get back on surprise surprise!!:noway: Another jet skier was driving by and I sent the girl's to shore and told them to get my husband. Meanwhile the other skier thankfully let me hold on to his ski or I probably would have drown. When I seen the jet ski coming back for me with my friend's husband on it I knew more trouble was ahead. He weighed around 160 lbs.and that was because he was wet. He and the other man tried everything to get me on that thing. He was even trying to push me up by my *kitten* with his head EMBARRASSING to say the least. :embarassed: Finally a ranger came by and I was able to use the rope hanging on her boat to pull my self up. This whole event took about an hour and got lot's of attention from the people on shore as well as all the people driving by in their boat's. I have lost 80 lbs. since then and my friend's husband quit smoking :smokin: and gained 40 so next time hopefully I will be able to get back on with no problem...:laugh:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I secretly want to be a ninja =)

It's probably kind of hard to be a ninja if you can't even do a pull-up. Just sayin'.

I've made myself a solemn promise that if I am ever forced by circumstances to do customer service work again I will moonlight as a ninja and hunt down the rude ones.

Still working on the pullups. Also, must look good in ninja-wear!
  • Ashleyambermfp
    Ashleyambermfp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • duskbunny
    Options
    I dread the thought of having to fly with a coworker for business, and swishing out into his/her seat... again. Happened once about 15 years ago, and I've been waiting for it to happen again.

I also nearly did not fit in the safety harness on a recent bridge walk, even though I was under the maximum inch requirements for waist and thighs (barely) - my rear end took up all the extra slack plus some, and I almost was not able to get the harness back up high enough to reach my waist.
  • theWinchester
    theWinchester Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    When I hear the TARDIS landing, I want to be fast enough to catch up with The Doctor before he leaves.

YES ME TOO! Whovians for the win!
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Seriously, I want to be able to dress like a grown woman but not an old woman. Clothing makers seem to think that fat women are either elderly or infantile.

I also want to stop avoiding Southwest airlines when looking for a flight.
  • homemademama
    homemademama Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    They say that thin women earn about 15% more than their average weighted colleagues, and "very thin" women earn approx 22% more. I am "normal" weighted currently, but dammit, I want to be rich! Bring on the skinny!

^^^ this - except I work in the mental health field and am surrounded by trendy women who do yoga all day and night. Sometimes my oreo's don't mesh with the mind-body-spirit business :) It's not so much about money for me as it is feeling like I look the part.

Also, I look like I'm 12. Which normally would be awesome but it's hard to pass as a seasoned professional when I also routinely get asked for hall passes when I go to the local high school. I'm hoping that dropping some weight will make me look more put together and thus more professional. Or at least not like a thick 12 year old.
  • marywanoKC
    Options
    Well it's kind of shame's me to put this out there, but a few year's ago I went jet skiing with a friend's family. I went out with two young girl's on one ski and we fell into the water. Well I couldn't get back on surprise surprise!!:noway: Another jet skier was driving by and I sent the girl's to shore and told them to get my husband. Meanwhile the other skier thankfully let me hold on to his ski or I probably would have drown. When I seen the jet ski coming back for me with my friend's husband on it I knew more trouble was ahead. He weighed around 160 lbs.and that was because he was wet. He and the other man tried everything to get me on that thing. He was even trying to push me up by my *kitten* with his head EMBARRASSING to say the least. :embarassed: Finally a ranger came by and I was able to use the rope hanging on her boat to pull my self up. This whole event took about an hour and got lot's of attention from the people on shore as well as all the people driving by in their boat's. I have lost 80 lbs. since then and my friend's husband quit smoking :smokin: and gained 40 so next time hopefully I will be able to get back on with no problem...:laugh:

Oh, you know what, you aren't the only one! I nearly drowned in the middle of a lake with my hubby on my birthday one year. We tread water so long that the muscles in my hands began to cramp up. *sigh* It's a shame it took so many years after that to find the motivation, hm?