Night time rituals?

Options
Does anybody have any night time rituals that keep them from snacking/binging (or help)??

Replies

• kjhall01
    kjhall01 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I always like to complete my diary early. When I do that I feel like my day is over and I can't have anything else. You could also try brushing your teeth when you feel hungry. I never want to eat after I brush my teeth.
  • eskiadas
    eskiadas Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I usually have a tea, drink water or chew gum. That helps me :)
  • tlnm158
    tlnm158 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks girls! I think I may start using crest white strips at night...can't eat while I use those ;).
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    A cup of black tea with a bit of sugar and 1/2 & 1/2 or herbal with Stevia.
  • xoariellexo22
    Options
    Once I put my daughter to sleep I lay down in my room, finish logging my food in MFP, and drink the rest of my water so I end up having 8 cups a day. I make sure I stay upstairs for the rest of the night so I don't end up in the kitchen.
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    My night time ritual is usually watch a little tv and listen to my dogs snore and try to drink more water. Then I proceed to snore right along with them. I usually don't have a problem with cravings at night because I am usually finishing dinner around 7 and after showering and cleaning up I am beat and ready to snooze by 9-9:30 most nights since I am up around 4:30-5 am every day.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    No, but I have a daytime ritual of leaving plenty of calories leftover for night-time.
  • tpfoodie
    tpfoodie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Buy yourself a tea kettle and some tasty herbal or fruit teas.

Warm drink, so it fills you up and curbs your cravings.
    Has a taste, so it's like you're treating yourself when you're not.
    0 Calories, and you can drink as much as you want!
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I save a lot of my snack calories until after my evening meal. I'm busy at work, so I don't really think about it. One thing I really try to stick to is no food after 8:00pm or if I'm running late and to eat supper until later, then 9:00pm, but never past 9:00pm.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth right after dinner, drink herbal tea, take a bath, and drink water.
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    peppermint tea!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't really have issues with late night snacking because I usually stay upstairs in my bedroom after I put my son to bed. I take a shower, eff around on the internet, or watch a tv show or something. There is no food up here, and I pretty much never feel like going all the way downstairs to get something (i guess there is a time where being lazy can be a good thing lol!)
  • PilotX
    PilotX Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I watch finding bigfoot to busy laughing to eat
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I drink tea and go to bed early.
  • sarahevenstar
    sarahevenstar Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have a square of dark chocolate every night once I've finished eating for the day and once I've had my chocolate, I'm done.
  • carlysuzanne85
    carlysuzanne85 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I don't really have issues with late night snacking because I usually stay upstairs in my bedroom after I put my son to bed. I take a shower, eff around on the internet, or watch a tv show or something. There is no food up here, and I pretty much never feel like going all the way downstairs to get something (i guess there is a time where being lazy can be a good thing lol!)

Ha, I do the same--my bedroom is on the third floor so I let my laziness work to my advantage on that one :)

This is definitely something I've struggled with and something I am very much still working on. One thing that has helped me lately is just only having healthy whole foods in the house and not buying even healthy or healthier versions of temptation foods--I.e. granola bars, peanut butter, dark chocolate, whole wheat crackers. I know that right now I cannot eat these foods in moderation so I cannot keep them in the house. When those late night cravings hit and I want to eat even though I'm not hungry, it's not as tempting when I don't have any of my sweet or savory snack foods. If my choices are to binge on veggies, chicken, fruit, brown rice, skim milk then I usually don't do it. And if I do, it's better than eating half a jar of peanut butter and all of the chocolate in the house plus a whole sleeve of crackers. I'm sure that someday I will be able to keep these foods in the house and eat them in proper portions, but today is not that day so I simply avoid them.

Also, brushing your teeth and tea really help too, like everyone else said.
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I have a glass of Silk Vanilla Almond Milk about 8 or 9pm, it's only 90 calories and tastes like a treat
    to me. Fills me enough to make it through that late night grazing period. I've only been doing this
    for a couple of weeks but has made a huge difference for me.
  • NotBonJovi
    NotBonJovi Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Once i close my diary for the day, I usually drink herbal teas like Chamomile if i still crave for anything while watching TV.
  • Jlbland123
    Jlbland123 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I think closing the diary early is a really good idea. Whitestrips are something I hadn't thought of!