Mayo --- Yayo, or Nayo?

Options

Replies

• Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    i love mayo... i just would rather get my fat from different foods like whole eggs, oils, nuts, and nut butters.

Isn't mayo just eggs and oil?
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I love mayo, but I don't eat it much in the winter months. Love it in potato salad and on cheese burgers. I'll continue to use it once BBQ season starts, but work it into my calories for the day.
  • redragtop05
    redragtop05 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Yayo!
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I love...love....mayo. Before I changed my eating habits, I would estimate I was easily eating between 500-1000 calories of McChicken Sauce (mayonnaise) on the days I worked. That's pretty gross to think about now.

That's one of the few things I've really cut back on. I now only use one tablespoon a couple times a week when I eat tuna.
  • lucasriggs
    Options
    Hellman's Lighter than light mayonaise is delicious. Its only 10 calories and for me taste better than the full-fat versions.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    It's the only way for me to make my pimento cheese and my cole slaw. Yayo for me.
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Yayo, but gotta be Hellman's.
  • jasperuk
    Options
    Definate Yes especially on a chicken kebab
  • MarisaDLS
    MarisaDLS Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    *Sigh*
    I used to love mayo, a year and 27 lbs ago I ate mayo every day on some sandwich or another, but now I eat it maybe once a week at most.
    Best Foods (Hellman's West Coast version) here, we don't have Duke's available.
    So both Yay-O and Nay-O!
  • nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I like *homemade* mayo. Not a fan of store-bought stuff.

Agreed! Once I switched to homemade, it seemed crazy to pay for the stuff. It takes like one second to whip up any flavor you like (pesto, regular, spicy, etc).
  • greyoutside
    Options
    Mayo makes me want to throw up. Even as a little kid I would not eat mayo. Nowadays I will eat small amounts of vegan mayo (taste preference) with tuna, and that is all.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    i love mayo... i just would rather get my fat from different foods like whole eggs, oils, nuts, and nut butters.

Basically, yeah.

Egg yolk, oil, mustard, lemon juice and vinegar.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    mayo is basically the same as fried eggs , good in moderation , i have it when cutting or bulking
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    i only like the japanese one, really. Kewpie. Which sucks because at 11g fat and 100 cal / tbsp I don't have it very often :laugh: I'm gonna check out their low cal version though because mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • theWinchester
    theWinchester Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My mother lives off mayo! I don't hate it but I prefer a Greek yoghurt dressing instead.
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options

Yes it is.

I make my own, using olive oil and egg yolks as per the recipe, but using a processor I drizzle in a lot of cold water, keeping the thick consistency. Tastes lighter and fluffier, and had fewer calories.
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Don't like, but just as a taste preference. Give me spicy mustard any day!!

spicy mustard!
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Canola Mayo when we have. Pretty much for Cole Slaw and mixing up Tuna for sandwiches. Since we use so little, we'll take the full fat made with a healthy oil.
  • swishandflick
    Options
    Mayo is ok, but it doesn't "hurt" me to go without it. I made a tuna salad sandwich last week only using yellow mustard, red onion, and a chopped up pickle. If I had looked ahead, I prob would have put in a little avocado in it to, but it was just as satisfying to me as one with mayo IMO.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    LOVE MAYO - must be Hellman's

Funny story - when I was a kid, Kraft Miracle Whip was referred to as "mayonnaise" by my parents. And I hated the taste of Miracle Whip, so for the longest time I thought I hated mayo. Imagine my wondrous surprise when I discovered true mayonnaise - it was like finding out that Santa is real after all.