Husbands and Wives in the morning

Options
Well, my bigger half is not out of bed yet but I better write this quick so I can be all adoring and attentive when he comes in here mournfully and slumps down (31 years of appearing adoring and attentive? yes, and still no Oscar). I think I refilled the coffee pot because there's nothing like an empty coffeepot to start the end of the weekend off wrong. Of course, I really don't have to worry, because once he is here he will notice nothing, just stare to the side and sip his coffee.

He has taken a vow of silence to grieve the end of the football season. Poor love.

No flowers, please.

Replies

• nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Well, my bigger half is not out of bed yet but I better write this quick so I can be all adoring and attentive when he comes in here mournfully and slumps down (31 years of appearing adoring and attentive? yes, and still no Oscar). I think I refilled the coffee pot because there's nothing like an empty coffeepot to start the end of the weekend off wrong. Of course, I really don't have to worry, because once he is here he will notice nothing, just stare to the side and sip his coffee.

He has taken a vow of silence to grieve the end of the football season. Poor love.

No flowers, please.

This was such a lovely post. You are a far nicer woman than I! I wake up with way too much energy (pretty much completely obnoxious and nearly jumping on the bed to wake my husband). Poor fellow! And he has to make his own coffee (I'm a tea drinker). Uh oh. We're only four years in, so maybe I need to start.... ;)
  • sd_dilligaf
    sd_dilligaf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    We just made it to 25 years and our morning ritual is well established.

Me: Bouncing out of bed at 4:30 to 6:00 am and making a breakfast and coffee, getting the paper, doing the sudoku, cleaning the dishes from the teen girls' watching TV last night then off to work by 6:30.

She: Getting to bed at 1:00 or 2:00 AM after a shift as an RN at local urgent care, she arises at 10:00 or later and must have tea and the paper in bed before attempting to become human.

Sometimes we see each other during the week, but not always.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    We just made it to 25 years and our morning ritual is well established.

Me: Bouncing out of bed at 4:30 to 6:00 am and making a breakfast and coffee, getting the paper, doing the sudoku, cleaning the dishes from the teen girls' watching TV last night then off to work by 6:30.

She: Getting to bed at 1:00 or 2:00 AM after a shift as an RN at local urgent care, she arises at 10:00 or later and must have tea and the paper in bed before attempting to become human.

Sometimes we see each other during the week, but not always.

wow, I think this person may have figured out what this thread is about.

kudos to you, I had no idea.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    wow, I think this person may have figured out what this thread is about.

kudos to you, I had no idea.

Well....... that makes one of us. I have no idea what's going on in here but I'm getting out before I get some of it on me. I suggest you come with me. Walk faster, dammit, FASTER.

when was your last tetanus shot?
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Oh, am I meant to appear adoring and attentive? I've been doing that wrong then. Only 21 years though so still learning.
  • greyoutside
    Options

No flowers, please.

This was such a lovely post. You are a far nicer woman than I! I wake up with way too much energy (pretty much completely obnoxious and nearly jumping on the bed to wake my husband). Poor fellow! And he has to make his own coffee (I'm a tea drinker). Uh oh. We're only four years in, so maybe I need to start.... ;)

Hahaha I am exactly the same way with the nearly jumping on the bed and the tea! :) But at least I'm always cheerful and happy to see him in the morning.
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    My husband leaves for work at 6:40, i get a kiss and then another 20 minutes of sleep before i have to be up.

He manages to feed the pup, make himself breakfast, and be out there door without any help from me. Sometimes he washes dishes before he leaves.

I get out of bed as late as possible and scramble to make breakfast and get dressed... i rush out the door an usually rush back in because i forgot something.

I should really try to get up earlier an make breakfast with him a couple days a week. :love:
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Wow after 17 years I get up at whatever time I feel like it, usually about 7am.... have a glass of water.... then check my emails, facebook... here and stop my fitbit from sleep mode. No coffee for him or tea...he don't drink it. Will make him a hot chocolate if he asks, but other than that..... he's still asleep or watching TV (the whole reason I would have been woken cause we sleep in the lounge room and the TV would wake me)

I will then let the dogs outside to pee & get on with my day.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I get up to make my dh his sandwiches, even if I'm on holiday (I'm a teacher). All the loving attentiveness is real and goes to my 5 year old because he reciprocates. DH usually gets a hug or kiss at some point :laugh:
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    cease-thine-jibber-jabber-imbecile.jpg
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    This is purely M-F.

ME: Up at 5:10AM, shower, apply war-paint, style hair and other bathroom necessities. Dress, grab phone from charger, put on jewels and descend staircase to kitchen. Put together lunches for myself, our 6 year old, and my husband. Place 6 year old's lunch bag in her school bag, and put husband's lunch bag on ledge by door - along side his keys and cell phone. Ascend stairs to wake children (6:30AM now), bring them to the dining room, and prepare their breakfast of choice (either cold cereal or frozen waffles, sometimes toast). As they eat I run to the freezer to pull out the meat portion of our evening meal. Now I figure out what I will have for breakfast and make it. Get the kids' clothes laid out for the day, and eat it while they dress. Brush everyone's hair, teeth, and let the doggy out for her pee. Time for boots and jackets and getting the 4 year old, 6 year old and myself into the car by 7:20AM.

HIM: 1st alarm sounds at 5:15AM, hit snooze. 2nd alarm sounds at 5:30AM, hit snooze. 3rd alarm sounds at 5:50AM, hit snooze. 4th alarm sounds at 6:05AM, places body in upright position. Pee, shower, brush teeth (shave if necessary on given day). Dress and descend stairs. Give wife a peck on the cheek, check the clock. Put on shoes and coat. If by chance the kids are awake give them hugs and kisses. Grab lunch and keys and phone from ledge and leave to catch the bus. (It is now about 6:30AM, maybe 6:40 if he catches the later bus).
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Morning sex, then coffee.
  • fmebear
    fmebear Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking this is it:

Him: Alarm goes off, dog bounds to his side and shakes the bed with total disregard that I am still trying to sleep, hubby up and in shower, my son hears his dad up, runs into the bathroom at full voice "MORNING DADDY," then jumps in the shower with him, both are out and moving around, hubby does the morning ritual with our son talking, they go downstairs to turn on the coffee pot, get breakfast, feed all beasts (dog, cat and all fish - 2 bettas and tank of stupid fatheads for their fishing).

Me: Lay in bed as they go about their morning thing, trying to go back to sleep (sometimes I do, sometimes I don't), i am usually tired still since either one or both of the kids have been up during the night or climbed into the bed on my side and proceed to keep me awake for a few hours either with their squirming or cold feet, I get up, dress, come downstairs, talk to hubby about our day activities, get my coffee, tell hubby to have good day, proceed to get son ready for school then off to school. Sometime in there the youngest wakes up and proceeds to terrorize her brother. Happy Day!
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options

No flowers, please.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

A woman's worth...I'll never look beyond that ever.
  • rockymtnlove
    Options
    our morning ritual sucks... he gets home from work at 630 am, tries to sneak into bed around 730-8 without waking me, then when i wake up I try to sneak out of bed without waking him. And we don't see each other until around 4. I hate it
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Morning ritual. He gets up around 8 ish. Keeps the noise level on mute till I roll outta bed between 10 and 10:30. He makes the coffee and has mine ready to drink. He makes his breakfast. I make my breakfast/lunch about 12 or so. On the weekends I wake up first and have coffee and breakfast ready.

I work 2nd shift and he's disabled.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    My husband is disabled, too.

I get up at 5:30 after the alarm goes off and we have 5-10 minutes of snuggle time. I get the dogs (ours and the ones training with us) out and fed. I start my coffee and take a shower. After I dry my hair, I get my coffee and set up the pot for him for when he gets up. I read the paper or the computer for about 15 minutes and then make a smoothie and peel hard boiled eggs for both of us. I pack my stuff to take to work with me and put his in the fridge, get changed and leave the house just after 7.

He gets up around 8:30 or so and takes care of the dogs all day, doing various training with them and keeps the house clean. He makes dinner and does the dishes so I don't have to worry about that when I get home from work.
  • Cynclancurrie
    Options
    This wasn't meant to be a criticism of my husband, but I love all the response it got.

We rarely have a weekend together, so making coffee in the morning is a must--of kindness, not necessity. Ever since my son (24) has moved away, I have had to be my husband's no. 1 football buddy. I used to watch with my dad so I don't really mind except that I get a little tired of it.

Our normal schedule is: he rises at 5:40, dresses, brushes his teeth and wisks off to the post office. He is a mail carrier. In the winter, when the temp outside is 8 or lower, going outside is a stinker, but at least he gets the garage.

I rise at 6:30 or so, feed cats, wash dishes, do house cleaning, get dressed, and off to the library to do my thing for about five hours. After my leg was crushed six years ago, he became, more and more, the cook at dinner time, and so he often has to do that when he gets home, although he is truly exhausted from delivering mail all day.

After dinner, we conk on the sofa for two hours until bedtime.

But we did hear from our son this weekend. His car battery was dead and he wanted his dad to meet him in the parking lot, 45 miles away, at 6 a.m., to see if we could get his car started. Of course my husband did. He is nothing if not reliable and devoted to his family. Then changes hats and goes into deliver mail and be the union steward. As everyone should know by now, Saturday mail service will be a thing of the past as of August. 30,000 carrier jobs are ending. The shake up is unbelievable. Carriers are having nervous breakdowns, suicides and everything in between.

Smile the next time you see a letter carrier. Their jobs, benefits, and retirement are being taken away, year by year, and they keep doing their jobs, delivering medical prescriptions to houses in Wyoming, North Dakota, West Virginia and p.s. they deliver packages for all the 'rural areas' UPS thinks too puny to be worth bothering.

:sad:
  • Loopygigglelips1968
    Options
    My alarm goes off at 5:30, quick *kitten* then into the shower, while in the shower hubby's alarm goes off, he goes downstairs and makes the coffee so mine is ready for after my shower - love it when it's like this. Out of the house by 6:35 for our not so short drives to work. Completely different though if either isn't going to work the day
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Mornings in my house consist of me running around making sure everything is done, hollering like a crazy person that we're all gonna be late (we never are), while my daughter and boyfriend eat their breakfast and watch cartoons.

Man, I love weekends.