Healthy snacks

Options
What do YOU snack on at work/school/ home/ etc? Need ideas for snacks to keep at work!

Replies

• DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I usually snack on Lara Bars, almond butter and apples (you can do bananas too), flax chips or whole wheat crackers and humus or cucumbers and yogurt. (always always, look at the serving size ;) ) Any kind of fruit or carrots. :D
  • AlexandraNK
    AlexandraNK Posts: 54
    Options
    For a last min snack i have a Nature's valley honey oat bars in my drawer at work but I try to take fruit (cut watermellon, pinapple or a peach) or berries and yougart, or portioned out nuts are a good choice. The only other one i've done is baby carrots and a portion of hummus.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    My favorites are almonds, hummus and veggies, low sodium soups (Amy's soups are my favorites), 2% cheese, Kashi Heart to Heart crackers, fruit, 1% milk, and for high calorie days, peanut butter. Sometimes I like cottage cheese or yogurt, but I've found better ways of getting protein / calcium without all the salt / sugar.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    carrots, apples, sugar free jello cups and Nabisco 100 calorie dipped delight bars.
  • ropsnik
    ropsnik Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My favorites are: a Gala Apple sprinkled with cinnamon, walnuts or almonds for their omega 3 benefits, blackberries or blueberries for their fiber and anti oxidants and grape tomatos with celery hearts. Best regards!
  • cymills
    cymills Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Handi-snacks cheese & cracker...OREO fun stix...so many choices! I keep all snacks 90 -100 calories. Go to grocery store and just look. I mean do not go out to shop to buy - go and walk through aisles and see what is out there. You will be pleasantly surprised! I was.
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots, apples, cheesesticks, celery w/ PB, walnuts, rice cakes, Rold Gold Honey Wheat Pretzels, etc...
  • joannec70
    joannec70 Posts: 1
    Options
    Wheat thins with a wedge of Light Garlic and Herb Laughing Cow. My new favorite and filling snack!
  • MrsE2010
    MrsE2010 Posts: 63
    Options
    Kashi cereal is tasty and filling!:flowerforyou:
  • ltyler56
    ltyler56 Posts: 1
    Options
    tricuit, rold gold honey wheat
  • ropsnik
    ropsnik Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have found a new snack that is quite thirst quenching. Place black or red seedless grapes in a plastic container with a lid in your freezer. Remove the grapes from the stems and wash before freezing. The frozen grapes melt in your mouth and taste like a popcicle when chewed. one grape = 3 calories and 1 carb. Enjoy
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Great if you like pumpkin pie.....take 1/4 cup each of pumpkin pie filling (from a can or you can use plain and add cinnamin and other spices to your liking), 1/4 cup skim milk, 1/4 cup fat free plain yogurt , 1/2 tsp vanilla and 5 ice cubes...place in blender until slush like consistency.....yum, just like eating pumpkin pie.....you can top with fat free whip topping if you want.......
  • Jennili7
    Jennili7 Posts: 50
    Options
    My go to snack is the Quaker apple cinnamon mini rice cakes. You can have 8 mini cakes for only 60 calories! I've found that the apple cinnamon flavor is the best. It also helps satisfy a sweet tooth! :blushing:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!