Body Wraps...Are they legit?

Options

Replies

• MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    before everybody completely knocks bodywraps.....
    There are different types, and I don't like every kind.
    I like a bodywrap that uses herbal preparations, and is not compression. It is best when accompanied by a massage. Drink your water!
    It's true that the inch loss is not totally permanent, but a measurement change is not the only purpose...
    Those fat areas can be toxic, hard fat that lacks circulation. A wrap of this sort brings circulation to the area, detoxifying, moving out water retention, and the resulting increase of metabolism to the area. All good stuff! Plus, the body looks better afterwards, too. And this is encouraging.
    Best to try to keep up with good nutrition habits, water intake and exercise afterwards, to maximize renewed circulation to those areas if they were previously lacking it.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    My hairdresser tried it with herbs, special drinks, etc. Didn't work at all on her or her daughter. She was so excited, then so embarrassed that she bought into it. Diet and exercise is the only "trick" that works.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know anything about body wraps. I have Googled them, but I want to know first hand if they work or if it is just one of those temporary fixes that work for a few days and then the weight/inches are back on.

yeah that's exactly what it is. good for movie stars going on red carpet, actors going on screen, and regular people going to high school reunions.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Worked for me!

itworkswraps.jpg
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I initially read "Booby Wraps" and thought, isn't that what bras are for?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    before everybody completely knocks bodywraps.....
    There are different types, and I don't like every kind.
    I like a bodywrap that uses herbal preparations, and is not compression. It is best when accompanied by a massage. Drink your water!
    It's true that the inch loss is not totally permanent, but a measurement change is not the only purpose...
    Those fat areas can be toxic, hard fat that lacks circulation. A wrap of this sort brings circulation to the area, detoxifying, moving out water retention, and the resulting increase of metabolism to the area. All good stuff! Plus, the body looks better afterwards, too. And this is encouraging.
    Best to try to keep up with good nutrition habits, water intake and exercise afterwards, to maximize renewed circulation to those areas if they were previously lacking it.
    What specific "toxins" do body wraps remove from the body, and how exactly does it happen?

To the OP - they're a useless gimmick. As soon as you rehydrate, the weight comes right back.
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options

:huh:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    No
  • MN4US
    MN4US Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Did it.. I did 'lose' the total inches the pack claimed you would lose (Sanctuary Spa Clay Body Wrap).. For about a day. Just water weight I assume. Nice to do before you have a special event or something, but not a weight loss tool.
  • kimberlyshian
    Options
    Pretty much what I was thinking! Thanks all!
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    hell-no-smiley-emoticon_zps06eb9bdb.gif
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Worked for me!

itworkswraps.jpg

^ You win the internet. Epic.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    good gravy no. NO no no no no no no no.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    wooden nickel legit :wink:
  • Serafimangel
    Serafimangel Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Temp fix, but if you are going to a dance or wedding or something makes you feel a bit tighter.
    Last time I did I I lost an inch off hips, half an inch off arms and an inch of thighs, and i think about three quarters of an inch off waist.

One good reason to do it, and probably the only good reason, it's hilarious, do it with some friends and just have a laugh wrapping each other in the cloth and cling film, great fun. Booze is optional
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

:huh:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My thoughts exactly.

I'd rather have them come suck the poisons out of my fat and store it in the trap.

tumblr_m6rmm3hZvp1rvk0h5o1_500.gif
  • Lucia120382
    Options
    Worked for me!

itworkswraps.jpg

^ You win the internet. Epic.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: love it
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    There are no shortcuts, quick fixes, or magic products or foods. If there were, everyone would be thin and sexy. It just takes a lot of work and time.
  • griz3232
    Options
    I just did one and lost over an inch and 3/4. It is temporary but man it gives you a mentle edge knowing what you will look like if you keep working hard and for me more than half the fight is the mental aspect. So give it a try if you want a preview of what is to come and you want something to keep you motivated. make sure you do a before and after pic and keep them somewhere you can see them so that it can be a constant reminder.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Temp fix, but if you are going to a dance or wedding or something makes you feel a bit tighter.
    Last time I did I I lost an inch off hips, half an inch off arms and an inch of thighs, and i think about three quarters of an inch off waist.

One good reason to do it, and probably the only good reason, it's hilarious, do it with some friends and just have a laugh wrapping each other in the cloth and cling film, great fun. Booze is optional

See now this sounds fun! I'm thinking about giving them a try just before my vacation to Hawaii. It can't hurt to try to tighten up things as much as possible when planning on spending a week in a bathing suit!