Hello From Houston

Options
Mbonill3
Mbonill3 Posts: 1 Member
Hello all,

I know it seems like i do this every week, but this time I am committing myself to myself. I want to leave the "I'm selfish" mentality and devote some time to "me". I know it will take effort on my part, and getting started will be the hardest thing to do, but once I get going, i will be unstoppable.:wink:

I am from Houston, Texas, happily married to a man who says he doesn't care if I have gain weight (but we all know he cares). I have a three year old, and I am currently enrolled full time in school to complete my degree in education. I work full time, and I also babysit my brother and sister in the evenings while my father goes to work with his wife. I am also a devout Christian, and go to church at least Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

As for my weight loss goals, I wish I could lose about 60 lbs. However, I know that think about the whole picture can just make me feel more disappointed. Therefore, I will begin with a goal of 10lbs in the next month.:happy:

I hope to track my hard work through myfitnesspal.

See you guys around!

Replies

• sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Howdy and Welcome I think you will do well here
  • amk44
    amk44 Posts: 159
    Options
    Welcome. When I started, I knew I had to lose more, but, like you, I only set a goal of losing 10 pounds, but my time period was "whenever"... :laugh: Having no idea what was realistic, I didn't want to be disappointed if I didn't reach my goal on a certain date.

Believe it or not, I was mostly motivated by the knowledge that my then diet wasn't doing my body any favors. I wanted to improve my life style, and HOPED that MAYBE I could get rid of 10 pounds along the way. Everyone at mfp was so supportive, and the daily diary was so easy to do, that it didn't seem like very long before I found that I had indeed lost 10 pounds, and then I was encouraged to try to get rid of another 10, if possible. I continued the routine, and kept resetting my goal. I'm now enjoying wearing a comfortable size 8 (instead of a bulging 14) and I'm happy to say that I have indeed developed some healthier habits (one of my original goals). If I backslide in my weight, at least I'll be doing it while eating healthy foods... :laugh:

Good luck to you - and remember that success is spelled p-e-r-s-e-v-e-r-e... :wink:
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome from Dallas! Hope you find all the help and support you need here! Its a great website. Welcome!
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Welcome from Austin!! You are so busy! Good you are taking the time for yourself to do this. You will just feel better and hopefully have more energy to keep up with that hectic schedule! Best of luck!