So Frustrated!

Options
I'm pretty frustrated! I have been eating for the most part (85% of the time) clean, and healthy, right portions, working out at least 5x a day, sometimes 2x a day... and the scale hasnt moved!! (other than maybe .2 or so). My stomach is always so bloated and i drink at least a gallon of water a day. I try to stick to 1200 but days when i workout more, i eat more.

What am i doing wrong?? I'm at the top of my weight so it's not like i'm stuck at a plateau after losing 30 pounds... Any suggestions would help. My food diary is open for anyone to look at and see. I'm just beyond frustrated. And I also know its not about the number on the scale, but my clothes dont feel any different either....

HELP!

Replies

• AshyyMM
    AshyyMM Posts: 131
    Options
    how often do you weigh in??..
    I find that if I weigh at different times of the day I don't get an accurate number..or if I weigh sooner than my weigh in day...
    It takes time for the results to show--so while you havent lost anything but .2 or whatever recently..it doesn't mean the loss isnt there... sometimes your body retains water, especially after workouts... helps to repair muscles and stuff... atleast thats what I've heard.. give it time, you'll see your results if your putting the work in! :)

Good Luck
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    1200 might be too little food for you. I know it was for me. I bumped mine up to 1430 and I eat back 90-99% of my exercise calories. Maybe try bumping your calories up a bit and also eating your exercise calories?
  • AshyyMM
    AshyyMM Posts: 131
    Options
    how often do you weigh in??..
    I find that if I weigh at different times of the day I don't get an accurate number..or if I weigh sooner than my weigh in day...
    It takes time for the results to show--so while you havent lost anything but .2 or whatever recently..it doesn't mean the loss isnt there... sometimes your body retains water, especially after workouts... helps to repair muscles and stuff... atleast thats what I've heard.. give it time, you'll see your results if your putting the work in! :)

Good Luck

also, your diary isn't open just so you know! :)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    My food diary is open for anyone to look at and see.

No, it's not.

In any case, 1200 Calories is likely waaaay too low for you.
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Eat. More. Food.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    working out at least 5x a day, sometimes 2x a day...

Please tell me that's wrong and you're not working out 5 times a day-2 sometimes ok, but 5 times a day? I'm hoping you mean 5 times a week... and is 1200 your net after working out (do you eat the workout calories back?)

Either way, agreeed, without seeing your diary it's tough to tell. I work out 6 days a week (sometimes twice a day) and I average 1625 calories (I'm 5'3") check out helloitsdan's post to figure out BMR and TDEE (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12)
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Food diary not open.

1200 is probably not enough. But I can't know for sure without knowing more about you.

2x a day might be excessive. You also might be replacing some fat with muscle depending on the type of workouts you are doing.

In any case, you need to take measurements to see a change there in case the scale is being evil. Also recommend before and after pics.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Some people just don't lose well on 1200 calories a day. Plus, most people feel really exceptionally hungry with so little food. Especially if you're working out 2x a day, and several days a week. I would bump up my cals to 1400 if I were you, and then eat back half of your exercise cals as well. If you open your diary, we can see what it is that you're eating and give better advice.

Also, make sure you are calculating your portions properly! That's a big culprit for people that are new to the MFP scene...one cup of cereral, ice cream, etc, is actually a LOT smaller than we all like to think... Haha!

Best of luck to you!
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Do you eat a lot of Salty foods or food that contains a lot of Sodium? That may explain the bloating feeling. Also, how long have you been at this? Could the scale not be moving due to muscle gain?

Have you tried revamping your workouts? You mentioned you work out 5x a week sometimes twice a day, but is the majority of your workouts the same routine every week? I change up my exercise routine every 4-5 workouts, to always keep that body guessing. You don't want your body to fall into a workout routine. Sure, it can get used to working out everyday! But you don't want your body to be able to know what workout you will be doing. It won't have to work as hard, which results in fewer calories burned. If you change it up, your body will always be guessing!

You could try upping your calories for 2 weeks and see if that helps. Instead of 1,200 try 1,400. I lost my weight eating around 1,200-1,500(it varied daily) but I was always full and satisfied! So find a calorie goal that you will be happy and satisfied with!

Also, don't be afraid to take a break! Even if it's just a day or two. Counting the calories and stressing over the weight can be daunting. If you take a day or two to rest your body(maybe do some yoga, instead of an intense workout) and don't stress over logging during that time either. Just take some YOU time and it might give your body that extra kick start.

Good luck!! :)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    your ticker might be a clue
    I'm pretty frustrated! I have been eating for the most part (85% of the time) clean, and healthy, right portions, working out at least 5x a day, sometimes 2x a day... and the scale hasnt moved!! (other than maybe .2 or so). My stomach is always so bloated and i drink at least a gallon of water a day. I try to stick to 1200 but days when i workout more, i eat more.

What am i doing wrong?? I'm at the top of my weight so it's not like i'm stuck at a plateau after losing 30 pounds... Any suggestions would help. My food diary is open for anyone to look at and see. I'm just beyond frustrated. And I also know its not about the number on the scale, but my clothes dont feel any different either....

HELP!
  • lucyclementmiller
    lucyclementmiller Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Sorry people!! I meant 5 times a week and i actually just realized my diary is open for friends only. But thanks for the support/suggestions. I think I'm also going to have a talk with my trainer and see what foods i should be eating with my current exercise schedule.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options

HELP!

I had this problem about 2-3 weeks ago where I was stuck on the same weight and even at one point went up and then back down again.
    I changed my exercise routine and the workouts I was doing and I have started losing again. I also cut sugar out of my coffee.
    Try making a tweak to your exercise routine e.g. changing entirely what you do (if it's DVDs, maybe you need a more intense workout DVD) or adding in some sets of crunches/push ups/jumping jacks. I only added an extra 10 minutes onto the cardio I do 6 days per week and I am already noticing the difference!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    your ticker might be a clue

Ha! I didn't notice that at first. Good call.

Since you're drinking Shakeology and working out 5x a week - it sounds like you're on a BeachBody program. If so - absolutely, positively - dump the iidea of 1200 Cals per day. Follow the nutrition program that came with whatever program you're doing. It's there for a reason.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Sorry people!! I meant 5 times a week and i actually just realized my diary is open for friends only. But thanks for the support/suggestions. I think I'm also going to have a talk with my trainer and see what foods i should be eating with my current exercise schedule.

You will probably find better advice here than your trainer actually. But how long have you been on this routine of 1200 calories and and the exercise? Its not really a plateau until its been a month. 1200 might be okay, but you should eat back your exercise calories.
  • calin2409
    Options
    I was the same. I have recently lowered my weight loss to half pound per week (I'm in no rush). I have alo ensured that I do eat my 1260 allowance and that I eat 'some' of my exercise cals back too. I've also had to train myself to weigh myself ONCE per week. Every Monday at the same time of day. I found weighing myself too often demotivated me if I wasn't seeing th results I expected of myself.

Don't get disheartened, stick with it. I did and I am seeing a loss of half pound per week - just 3lbs to go......

Good luck x