Sugar question

Options
I put sugar in my coffee - plain white cane sugar. Two cups per day, two teaspoons per cup. So that's 4 teaspoons of sugar each day. Now, I don't eat that much sugar otherwise, other than natural sugar that comes from fruits, etc. Do you think that if I gave up the sugar I use in my coffee that I would see a change in my weight loss that much sooner? I don't eat white flour, rice, etc. This sugar is my only "vice" in that area, pretty much. Thanks for any input!

Replies

• di1428
    di1428 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    are you opposed to switching to equal ?
    just a suggestion..
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I don't like the taste of artificial sweeteners. I'd rather switch to herbal tea and go without any type of sweetener, but only if the sugar is going to make a difference. :wink:
  • sahm23ladies
    sahm23ladies Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I did. I weaned myself off the sugar in my coffee. Now I only get the trace amount in my creamer. I did notice a difference cutting the sugar. I abstain from artificial sweeteners. They are just chemicals & will leave you craving more.

good luck!
  • CaddieMay
    Options
    I've been cutting back from two "heaping" teaspoons to two actual teaspoons. Not as much fun, I have to say.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,938 Member
    Options
    No. You have the opportunity to be exact with adding your sugar and 4 tsp is 60 calories. Going out to eat or consuming packaged foods have a 20% discrepancy built into the nutritional information which is acceptable by law. It would be more feasible that any weight gain was from an accumulation of those inaccuracies than the 60 calories from your added sugar.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    No. You have the opportunity to be exact with adding your sugar and 4 tsp is 60 calories. Going out to eat or consuming packaged foods have a 20% discrepancy built into the nutritional information which is acceptable by law. It would be more feasible that any weight gain was from an accumulation of those inaccuracies than the 60 calories from your added sugar.

Butbutbutbutbut insulin!

Just kidding. I agree.
  • 4tsp isn't enough that it'd make losses significant.
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    If all I ever consumed was 4 tsp of sugar a day, I think I'd still be eating it. As it was, that would of been 1 cup of coffee for me.. ok 2/3 of a cup of coffee for me.
  • CaddieMay
    Options
    You guys are the best!
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way with cream. Not milk, not non-dairy creamer, nothing fat-free...it's just not the same. Full test half and half for me. I will walk an extra 10 minutes to save my coffee cream. :)
  • cindyhanson58
    cindyhanson58 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    consuming small amounts of sugar makes me crave it... if you're not eating it the rest of the day... I can't imagine it hurting. But if you cut it out, you wont have to wonder...
  • Arkhos
    Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I don't think cane sugar is naturally white? Just sayin. ;)
  • hadley72
    Options
    Have you tried Agave nectar? I put it in my coffee and my boyfriend used to use sugar - then I started sneaking it in to his tea and he didn't even notice.