Junk food

Options
Everyone has that one food item that calls out your name, that maybe even some answer to, but has anyone measured out an actual serving size for your guilty pleasure and ate it and satisfied the craving without over eating large amounts?

Replies

• griz3232
    Options
    Yes, and unfortunately mine is a meat trio pizza. But once I was on my diet for a few months and decided I deserved it my body said it didn't like it. it had been so long since I had put something like that down the old hatch that my body almost felt like it was rejecting it and saying why are you putting this garbage in me. Now dont get me wrong the flavor made it probaly one of the best few bites of pizza I had ever had. But man did I pay for it, it pretty much made me feel ill for a little while.

Always remember to reward yourself for your hard work. You are not reaking your diet by eating your guilty pleasure once a month in moderation but it does give you a boost in moral
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Everyone has that one food item that calls out your name, that maybe even some answer to, but has anyone measured out an actual serving size for your guilty pleasure and ate it and satisfied the craving without over eating large amounts?

Yes, in fact I do this with some regularity! I have been maintaining my loss for over a year now and being overly strict does not work for me. I aim to eat healthy most of the time. That way, there is zero guilt if I want a serving of whatever. However, in order for me not to completely overeat, I need to measure out certain items. Cheez-Its fall into this category. I can not be trusted with a box :blushing:
  • basscadet808
    basscadet808 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Chex mix for me. I can't believe how small a serving size is but it does satisfy.
    I also treat myself to the occassional Shake shack meal (NYCers know) - A burger and I split a shake and fries with my hubby and 4 year old.
  • swishandflick
    Options
    I had chocolate covered strawberries with freshly melted chocolate wedges last night and was able to stick to not having too much. MFP said it was in the neighborhood of 85 cals for the chocolate, even if it was more then that I didn't eat back all of my exercise cals last night.

A few weeks ago, for my birthday, I had half a cupcake then went back and had the rest of it after an hour or so.

Then a few days after that, someone else got me another bday cake and I had 3 sliver slices of each, all while maintaining the calorie goals.