Ever put the scale away for awhile?

Options
This will be hard. lol I had my husband take my scale for 1 month! I was letting it determine too much for me when I know I am doing great. Friday will only be 1 week and I am already a little upset about not having it.

Anyone else ever do this?

Replies

• AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    me when the batteries in mine died i went for 2 months without mine. When I put new batteries in I'd broken my 2 year platue (sp?) of 220 pounds and was at 214!
  • CrazyAnne
    CrazyAnne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I wish I could say I have done it. I have become really good at walking right past it.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    No. When I don't use the scale it's because I'm eating badly. :embarassed:
  • GreenLaura22
    GreenLaura22 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I just joined a group where we have all committed to 40 days of a minimum of 20 minutes a day of exercise as well as 40 days with no scale. I hate when I feel like I'm doing great and get on the scale and see something that upsets me. This usually quells my spirit and I feel defeated. So I am so excited to see what happens on day 40!
  • Icedcoffee29
    Options
    I'm not worried about eating badly at all, cause I won't. I exercise heavily 5x a week too, but that damn scale was telling me I wasn't doing good when I know I am. lol
  • guerabree
    guerabree Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am planning on doing this too! I gained 2 pounds last week after swimming everyday and eating right. I really tried to not let it discourage me, but it still kind of does. Plus my battery died so it's meant to be lol!!
  • Icedcoffee29
    Options
    I am planning on doing this too! I gained 2 pounds last week after swimming everyday and eating right. I really tried to not let it discourage me, but it still kind of does. Plus my battery died so it's meant to be lol!!

Yup! I am the same way. I started lifting and gained, I know it's from that and shouldn't let it discourage me.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    lol I put the scale away for years when I was gaining
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Years ago, when I moved for my new job, the place I lived didnt have a scale. I diet with a little exercise for 3 months. I knew I was losing weight by how the clothes were fitting. I then moved in with a friend and while touring the place, noticed a scale in the bathroom. I hopped on and noticed I had lost 30lb! I was so overjoyed with my success that I figured it was "okay" to have a soda here, ice cream there, etc!!

Needless to say, that was my downfall. It was better not to know exact figures and just keep working at it.

Nowadays, I stick to a regimental 1 measurement per week. Same day, same time after waking up.
  • Icedcoffee29
    Options
    Years ago, when I moved for my new job, the place I lived didnt have a scale. I diet with a little exercise for 3 months. I knew I was losing weight by how the clothes were fitting. I then moved in with a friend and while touring the place, noticed a scale in the bathroom. I hopped on and noticed I had lost 30lb! I was so overjoyed with my success that I figured it was "okay" to have a soda here, ice cream there, etc!!

Needless to say, that was my downfall. It was better not to know exact figures and just keep working at it.

Nowadays, I stick to a regimental 1 measurement per week. Same day, same time after waking up.

Yeah this is a temporary thing for me, I need a break. I won't ever NOT weigh in.
  • KimLoan325
    Options
    I don't own a scale. It's normal for weight to fluctuate and to go up (muscle gain!!!) for GOOD reasons. I've always let the fit of my clothes determine whether I should have a second helping of food.

Being relaxed and bumming around for 2 months for the holidays and while my BF was out of the country had me out of fitted clothes and wearing loose, loung wear and my eating was out of control. I have not noticed a difference in my body nor how my clothes fit or look on me *yet* since I started MFP and will wait another week before I do a weigh-in.

I figure: focus on eating right and getting into a fitness routine. In my case, I could definitely stand to gain muscle and tone - that is a goal I've set.