Lack of motivation...what do you do to kick it?

Options
2»

Replies

• imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I did that a while back, I was totally frustrated, lost my fire completely!!! But I pushed, forced myself and got a new playlist... And before I knew it BAM got my fire back. It was hard... But worth it. You can do this.
  • DomFruch02
    Options
    LISTEN TO THIS SPEECH. NOW THIS IS MOTIVATION!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SjbHJ28iec
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I am motivated by the fact that my workout is like my only quiet time during my day. I get up at 3:55 a.m. just to do my routine. Also, I am motivated by the fact the exercise allows me to eat more of what I want.... within reason.:bigsmile:

The exact same for me!

Workout time is "me time" and exercise means extra calories to eat back - YAY!

Plus every day that I keep going is a step in the right direction....:)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,550 Member
    Options
    Good morning MFP community! Hope you all enjoy your Tuesday...Question for you: What have any of you done to deal with your lack of motivation? This is not typical for me and I am really struggling to a) get to the gym and b) make food choices that keep me under my calorie goal..The past two weeks have been awful and I am pretty sure I have gained. Thanks in advance :)
    Motivation is internal. Do you really want this? People say they do all the time, but don't do what's necessary to achieve it. So there's desire or there's commitment. Once you commit, then motivation shouldn't be an issue.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I visit the MFP success stories for motivation, and then make my own! For instance, I hit my two-year anniversary today, I'm not anywhere near my weight target and put on 8lbs from my lowest weight. But I took a photo to remind myself just how much my body has changed:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/897410-two-years-just-20lbs-but-a-huge-difference-loads-of-pics

Ask yourself what you really want and think about redefining your target to one that will really make you feel good about yourself.
  • di1428
    di1428 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    i go to the success stories thread and like to read them...
    right now im at half way there success but struggling with the other half so i like
    to read the success stories and one day will be one of them posting!
  • cdwilson2003
    Options
    That's exactly how I feel day-in and day-out. I'm looking for the energized feeling you're suppose to get from a great workout. Not happening.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    jump up and down naked in front of a mirror
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this, I've been in a slump the last couple of days and it's made me think about what I need to do. This evening I will play 30 Day Shred, as soon as I hear the music I have the urge to join in, I guess my brain just connects that music to jumping hacks... in fact, I'm going to find it on Youtube now as I've eaten 850 cals of chocolate in the last 2 days. Thanks guys and gals, you lot rock :flowerforyou:
  • Munequita27
    Munequita27 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What helps me its to think of an event coming up and i want to look amazing for it, And pick a dress or outfit from your closet that haven't wear and would love to get in it..... Hope this help
  • curvynblonde
    curvynblonde Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I go to the health and Fitness category on Pinterest and look through there. Seeing all the quotes and fit women usually gets me off my *kitten*.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    When I'm lacking motivation and I have yesterday and today...I simply don't give myself a choice. I just do it. Both days i'm glad when its over. Just to get started I want to fight with myself excuses to start it. Start with one thing at a time. Try starting working out and gradually add the calorie count back. That way your not making yourself do both right away.

This. I might procrastinate for a bit, but in the end, no choice, I go work out, whining and sniveling. It helps when it becomes a habit. It helps that I know it will put me in a good mood. It helps that I know from experience if I don't work out I'm going to climb the walls and not sleep good that night.
  • prudism
    prudism Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    For me I have to ride the non motivated period until it passes and then as soon as I feel reday I'll start again. It's depressing trying to be good when your hearts not in it xxx

oh gosh that sums me up
  • bookangel89
    bookangel89 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all your advice and kind words! I really appreciate it! Here's to getting where I want to be!
  • BobJ19956
    BobJ19956 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I looked all over the internet for good motivational posters and saw none I liked. Then I remembered that Walmart & Walgreens can create wall posters from your prints. Last summer my son had taken a picture of me outside with my 3 yr old grand-daughter and I was totally discusted with how I looked ... what a slob! So last night I found the photo file, edited it a little, went online to Walmart, uploaded the file, and ordered a poster along with a few regular prints. I picked them up today (quick service).

I put the poster up in my workout room and put the photo prints on the refrig, cookei cabinett, exercise bike, TV screen ... all over the place. Everytime I see the pic it reminds me of the work I need to do NOW to lose 50 lbs and quit being a slob.

Here is the poster (hope you are not offended by my caption):

GOOD-HFA_zps0b7d48fd.jpg