2nd Day Blues

Options
2»

Replies

• Vivaciousfemale
    Vivaciousfemale Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If you already are unhappy.. you wont stick with it.

Eat pasta, eat bread. eat everything you normally do just in smaller portions there is absolutely no reason to give up things you like unless you have some kind of allergy to them.

Yes!Yes!Yes! I absolutely agree!!
    Until we learn how to enjoy the foods we enjoy in small to even bite size amounts they will always have power over us..you can do this but the battle begins and will remain in your mind. Change your thinking about food and you will change your life and body. This is NOT impossible, this website is filled with hundreds of people who have met goals of hundreds of pounds lost.

Be Encouraged, there is Hope and a better way! :bigsmile:

Check out "The Mindful Appetite" by Susan Albers,PsyD
    It's a 2 CD set, it will help to transform your relationship with food.
  • skm4jc
    skm4jc Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was so ready to begin my new way of eating that I went out in the morning with my husband and, happily, watched him eat a pastry while i just had tea. Today I feel cranky and depressed. I strongly crave many forms of wheat, fats, and sugar. I won't give in. I actually feel strong, but I'm feeling the pain. In nine days it will be better, but today no way will I sit and watch someone eat a pastry.

xx

Ah, carb/sugar withdrawl . . . SO much fun!!!! Drink lots of water so you at least feel full. I also like drinking clear soda/sparkling water 0 calorie beverages - like Walmart's Clear American, for example. Fruity, tasty, blubbly to fill you - no cheating! You'll get through it. Allow yourself some caffeine - like your tea or some coffee, or even an occasional diet cola. You'll get through it, just keep reminding yourself WHY you're doing it.
  • treesa101
    Options
    the only thing other then an after taste that we receive from that junk is calories in the long run walkining the full length of a foot ball field and back for 1 m and m o not worth it
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Most of us probably get similar cravings. With MFP I try to build in some treats along the way when I get the "crazies"...then I know I've satisfied them without jeopardizing everything. I can have a wonderful menu planned for the day and can easily change it on those days and still know I'm keeping on track. You just know it's a trade off for being able to eat more of something better. Good luck. :wink:
  • allie__jane
    Options
    For me, any kind of diet program that includes an ultimatum as a form of restriction - NO carbs, NO sugar, etc - is something that I just can't do. I rebel and end up only eating that. What worked for me was tracking how I normally ate for a week while refusing to shame myself. Just by doing this, I realized the calorie/nutrition value of a lot of foods. Then I started making slow changes - a little more of this, a little less of that - till a new balance emerged. I realized I'd hit an good place when I went on a date to a pizza and risotto place, had some of each, and then the next day was able to get right back into "healthy" eating.

Moral of my story: Sometimes it's okay to splurge, especially if you know that you'll have a worse backlash if you don't.
  • wormy80
    wormy80 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump