Pescetarian friendly & REALLY EASY diet plans?

Options
Hi everyone,

I need quite literally the most SIMPLE diet plan tips that anyone can possibly give me. If I have to cook for too long, have massive shopping lists, or search for uncommon foods, I just won't stick to it. I don't mind being boring and eating the same thing over and over. I am incredibly lazy, work from home so rarely move about unless exercising, and tend to have one meal per day, lots of coffee, and frequent biscuit snacks.

I've already decided to run 3 x per week for 20 mins and gradually build this up as i enjoy running. On the other 2 days (will have 2 days for rest) I will do some type of strength training like push/ sit ups, stretching, pull ups etc, and when I am fitter will attempt some interval training.

I'm pescetarian and I like salmon and tuna, lentils, pasta, tomato based stuff, eggs, veggie spag bol, chilli, and lasagne with quorn. I'm not a big fan of veggies but figured i could try to have them in sauces, as soups, in my chilli/ bolognaise etc and get around it that way. I would like to cut out bread if possible, and use more quinoia(sp?) instead of rice. My weaknesses are fresh coffee (drink around 4 cups per day), biscuits, and fresh cream.

So can anyone suggest good combinations of these and other foods that would work as a really simple week/ month long diet plan, say around 1,300 calories per day or thereabouts. Perhaps things that i can buy in bulk, make multiple meals and then freeze. Also, ideas for snacks to fill in those extra calories needed on heavy exercise days etc?

I'm 5"6, 127lbs (still!), 32, and want to lose around 15lbs.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    We actually have very similar specs XD I'm just a few inches shorter, younger, and looking to lose less. Anyway, a good way to do it is just to eat what you want -- as long as it fits your macros. Just eat less of what you were eating before and move around more and you will be fine :)

Side note, there aren't many other pescetarians here. Makes me happy to have found another one :)
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    Thanks and yes i noticwd that. All the diet plans out there seem to be for meat eaters or veggie with not a lot between!
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i only eat the fish & poultry - so i know how it goes with trying to find some new/decent/healthy/quick recipes while the main offerings on here seem to be high protein mammal meals, vegan, or protein shakes.

=^x^=

stuffed peppers are awesome.

and futuresize8 is an amazing person, and a helluva good friend. she is pescetarian. and her stuffed pepper recipe is AMAZING.
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm a 25 year old pescatarian who lives alone and drinks a lot of coffee. Lol.

You can add me as a friend if you'd like, I have an open diary.

Usually I have something "cold" for breakfast, like a bagel/cream cheese or yogurt and fruit.

For lunch I have salad, sandwich, or sometimes cafeteria food.

For dinner I will have anything from a protein shake to frozen Trader Joe's meals to soup and salad. I just kind of cook what I have energy for, and what is in my fridge.

I honestly like cooking a lot, but I hardly ever have the energy to do it for myself. Seems silly to me (unless I make a big batch of something with leftovers to eat throughout the week.)

Stats: 5'1" SW 152 LW 129 CW 132 GW1 125 UGW ??maybe 120
  • GosuLoli
    Options
    This isn't really a diet plan, just ideas for meals, but if you can get some frozen fish steaks, like salmon, haddock and river cobbler or something, you can have a really quick, easy meal by poaching them in skimmed milk and having those with cous cous and a side salad. Wraps are quick and easy as well, and you could flake up some fish and have them with salad if you wanted a lunch or something on the go. Coating a fish steak in lemon and black pepper breadcrumbs can make a really nice dinner as well, and that doesn't take long. I'd say the best thing you could do is write up a week's plan of meals beforehand, then do your shopping based on that, so you make your own diet plan and you don't have to go out looking for rarer ingredients.
    Hope this helps :)
  • flexdirectcpr
    flexdirectcpr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    About twice a month, I make a big batch of black bean burgers and freeze them. I eat them with my salads for lunch. They would also be good with quinoa since you don't like fresh veggies. My meat and potatoes grubbin husband even likes them. Good luck!
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    and here is a one-week meal plan for pescetarians - maybe get a few ideas.

http://tenaciouslee.com/2010/03/15/one-week-pescetarian-meal-plan-grocery-list-and-recipes/
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    Thank you thank you thank you :) LOVE the fish ideas and black bean burger suggestions! I'm going shopping now actuallly so will have a look for all those things.
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    Bags of baby leaf spinach is how I got my hubby onto veggies. You don't even need to cook them, just stir them into something you are cooking at the end, be it pasta sauce, soup, fish at the end of poaching so they just wilt. Raw, they perk up salads and sandwiches.

Red pepper is also nice cooked or raw, I chop it up and add it everything, even pre-made pasta sauces or your ready meals will work.

The veggies bulk out what you are eating so it feels like you are eating more, plus they are low in calories and I also think adding bright colours to food at this time of year cheers me up!
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I'm not 100% pescatarian, I do eat the odd bit of meat but I'd say 90% of the time it's fish or veggie.

Feel free to add me, my diary is open.
  • smittelman6
    Options
    I'm also pescatarian... my favorite lunch is a huge serving of baby spinach, tome grape tomatoes (no prep required, just rinse and use), a half cup of canned corn (I never had it before I started dieting but canned corn is SO easy to prep and a great filler for salad), grilled shrimp, and some bolthouse dressing (if you've never had it, it's incredible... ranch and balsalmic taste just like the real thing). If you want to mix it up you could also add some low fat or fat free cheese and still be under the 300-cal mark.

The grilled shrimp sounds harder than it is -- I always buy a few bags of different kinds of frozen seafood (I use Gorton's, tastes awesome, but you can get any brand you like) and you can just grill it for 3 mins or pop it in the microwave if you're pressed for time. Lots of shrimp and tilapia in my freezer. So easy, and an awesome way to up your protein.

I also really like Healthy Choice dinners for something quick for lunch or dinner -- there are a ton of vegetarian options, they taste great, and plenty are under 350 calories (which is usually my upper lunch limit and lower dinner limit). My diary's also open =)
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    Ok so when I was shopping i found the frozen veg isle and noticed they have started offering frozen meditteranean veg!! woo, problem solved. Brought a couple of bags and threw some in with my veggie (quorn mince) spag bol this evening. Also got some mixed dried fruit to have with my oats tomorrow for breakfast (as i hate fruit too lol).

This weeks meals will be

breakfast - porridge oats (with milk, can't help it, water is just... eww), with flaked almonds, sunflower seeds, linseeds, and mixed fruit OR wholewheat toast with scrambled egg

Snack - Grapefruit or apple

Lunch - Tuna, chickpeas, brown rice/ soup/ Egg on wholegrain bread/ lentils in baked pepper/ lentil, chickpea, brown rice salad

Snack - rice cakes and cottage cheese/ celery & peanut butter

Dinner - Baked potato, beans, cheese/ veg chilli with quinoa/ veg bolognaise/ quorn fillets, roast veg/ salmon, cous cous, salad, veg

Will be chucking the frozen veg in whereever possible, and drinking green tea and water mostly, though cannot give up the coffee!!

I went for a run yesterday (20 mins, 4 mins run, 1 min rest, 4 mins run etc), and today i did 20 mins of strength training :)
  • VeeVeeRubio
    Options
    I am a pescatarian. I go to the market once a week and buy single fillets if fish such as salmon, bass, tuna, maybe some marinara mix, and freeze them for the week ahead. I dry cook them on a non stick pan with just a short spray of olive oil spray. I serve them with salad or a steamed veggie like broccoli, garlic, lemon juice on the fish. Last weekend I made a great penne dish and added the seafood marinara mix which was great with the pasta. Really low fat, not too bad on the carbs. I make a lot of meals with Quorn products. For a dinner party I made amazing meatless lasagna using Quorn mince. Made it just the same way as a normal bolognaise sauce and layered it with pasta leaves and bechamel sauce. Amazing! I have made amazing boundless burgers with the hamburger patties, poached egg, caramelised onion, low fat cheese. Corn tortillas with retried beans, poached eggs and tomatillo sauce and avocado ( small amount) is great! I often have smoked salmon for lunch at work. One good thing I made for snacks was a tofu dip. Blend tofu and add tamari or soy sauce. Simple as that. Great with veggie sticks. Tofu is great in a stir fry. Buy the firm one so it holds its shape. Make a light green curry sauce using green curry paste and low fat coconut milk.
  • madmiya
    madmiya Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    im so lazy i went raw vegan for awhile so i wouldnt have to cook or clean my stove.
    thats probably the laziest diet you can do but your eyes get really pretty.

its easy. load the fridge with vibrant veggies that you would eat raw.
    then when you're hungry eat one. and then another. and stop when you're full.

i got bored though. and my jaw hurt after awhile.
  • Ytsejam2112
    Options
    Hey everyone, I've recently started trying to stick to a Pescetarian diet but I am also very lazy when it comes to cooking. What I've found to make things easier is juicing. For breakfast and dinner I blend some fruits, vegetables, and sometimes add a little bit of ginger or garlic to add up some extra flavors to what could be a bland taste of juice. For lunch I try to stick to easy & quick cooking meals.

What helps me a lot is the Yummly website (http://www.yummly.com/recipes); there you can filter recipes by dietary choices (vegan, pescetarian, etc...), cook-time, and many other options. I really suggest checking out that site if you're looking for new meal ideas.