Has anyone tried Slim rice-eat water

Options
Hi I read some reviews on this so today gave it a go. It tastes bland by iteslf, but with some salt and chilli sauce was really nice and only 15 cals per 200 g pack.

Has anyone else tried it and more importantly have you had any success?

Replies

• laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of that! What is it?
  • janeypoosandbob
    janeypoosandbob Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'd never heard of it either so I just Googled it. It sounds like a pretty good product if carbs are your downfall but the price would certainly put me off even if I were tempted.

It'll be interesting to hear of other peoples experiences with it though.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Doesn't seem to be available around here yet.
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it before .. I'm always leery of the over processed foods .. would imagine all the good nutrients have been taken out. Hope it works out for you though :flowerforyou:
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    I think it's just shirataki noodles in rice form. It's made from konjac like shirataki noodles.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I will just eat rice.
  • rosiecbolton
    rosiecbolton Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I got mine of ebay-I really like it. The rice itself is bland, but nice when you start adding in sauces.
  • bethanyka
    bethanyka Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    From the artice, I think its similar to the Miracle Rice, (also available in Miracle Noodles)

http://www.miraclenoodle.com/p-3-miracle-rice.aspx

It's not bad at all, I eat the noodles and the rice and I like it.
    As someone else has said, you have to rinse it well, stir fry with cooking spray or a little oil and add flavor to it.
    I like it with chicken broth, soy sauce and/or mustard. I add in onion, garlic, scallions,. anything that will add more flavor.
    It's great for low calorie, but DO NOT expect it to taste like real noodles or rice.
  • Apples38
    Options
    I eat it all the time and love it. Get the fettuchini Ian's it is the nicest!! Holland and Barrett sell it :-)
  • janeypoosandbob
    janeypoosandbob Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Of those of you have have eaten it does it really fill you up as stated in the blurb?
  • bethanyka
    bethanyka Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    For me, it's good (not great) as far as filling. On a scale from 1-10, I give it 6.5.
    I dont feel absolutely stuffed but if I eat at 6/7pm I am good until bedtime.
    I sometimes eat 2 packs
    for reference i usually eat the black noodles by Miracle Noodles, so 1 pack is 20 cal. = 2 pack 40 cal, I like the noodle packs better but have found similar results with the rice.
    Sometimes with some cut up onions and/or tomatoes, one chicken breast, i've also used egg white and soy sauce, kind of like a lo mein. Never plain. And it sounds weird but i like it with mustard. Mrs. Dash. a Laughing cow cheese.

The Hungry Girl website has some good tips and recipes:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/biteout/show/2157

Again.... You wont be stuffed, but you can make it a lot more hearty with low calorie add-ins.
    for me its good for a dinner.
  • Ladspal
    Ladspal Posts: 1
    Options
    I really like Slim Rice. Doesn't taste like rice but is a great
    Rice substitute. I find that half a pack is plenty. Filling and
    Keeps you full. On offer at Holland and Barrett at the moment
    - buy one get one half price. Have to say wasn't overly find
    Of the spaghetti - made of same stuff though so cut it up
    after rinsing. I'd give it 10 out of 10!
  • edyta70
    edyta70 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I eat it all the time as well as the pasta and noodles. I love it.. Of course it won't taste good on its own but after adding A LOT of veg and some sauce it is perfect and most of my meals I made were under 100 calories! PERFECT. it's my life saver. They have them on a penny sale in Holland and Barrett which is even better :)