Back again, looking for some support

Options
Hey,

I used to be an MFP'r and it was incredibly helpful. I had a good network of people trying to do the same thing and I ended up losing twenty pounds in a couple months. Then I had knee surgery and was out of commision for about six weeks. I told myself 'Don't worry, Geron. You'll get back in the game just as soon as your ready.'

Well, that was about 8 months ago. I've gained back that twenty pounds, so I'm back where I started.

Anyways, my return was sparked by the purchase of a Kinect and Just Dance 4, which showed me that a) I'm horribly (hilariously, sometimes) out of shape and b) working out can be fun when you're dancing to ridiculous pop songs.

I'm married to a sensational woman. We've got a four year old boy and a three month old daughter. I want to set a good example for them; show them how to be a healthy human being. I feel like I owe them that, you know?

My old profile is lost to the ether now, so I'm starting from scratch. Anyone interested in being my fitness pal?

Cheers,

Geron

Replies

• MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I'm here daily..if you're looking for encouragement, feel free to add me.
  • FitN50s
    FitN50s Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over again, too. I had lost about 25 lbs and was within 10 lbs of my goal. Had a little operation that kept me sidelined for 6 weeks. I never imagined I wouldn't get back to exercise, it was such a part of my life. I was wrong. Six weeks turned in to 8 months and every pound I lost is back. I've been married for almost 30 years to a great guy. I want to be the best wife I can be, and that doesn't mean fat, lazy and tired. I have 3 grown kids and 7 grands (all aged 5 and under) that I am passionate about. I want to be able to keep up with them and watch them grow up. I'm committed again to getting back to the "me" I want to be. I'm always looking for friends to help and that I can help in return.
  • gerongraham
    Options
    Thanks guys. I appreciate the response. I'm pretty excited about getting back on the site.
  • mjgriff21
    Options
    welcome back, feel free to add me!
  • EdelweissViola
    Options
    I will be your friend. I am looking for new friends, too. Our stories are similar! I am back after well over a year. I have 4 year old and 6 month old boys. :-)
  • OriolesLovaa
    Options
    Welcome back!

I'll be your fitness pal! I'm also looking for some more friends/motivation/inspiration.

I don't have kids, but I balance a lot of other things in my life... Grad school, work, and a boyfriend. They take a lot of work. :x
  • Cowboyzfan82288
    Cowboyzfan82288 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hey Geron. Welcome back! I'm Mark! Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • fkwilhelm
    fkwilhelm Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sure, I am just adding you. Making weight loss sustainable is my goal - I try to lose weight really slowly.