What is your favorite Gym fashion statement?

Options

Replies

• bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    And I saw a dude lifting in the power rack next to me in just his socks. I understand his reasoning for it but I thought it was gross - I' had chucks on...

I'd at least put pants on. :frown:

I've worked out in my work shoes before, because I forgot my gym shoes, but I wear old-lady orthapedic shoes to work anyway so no big deal. When I used the office gym, there were a lot of guys who would change out of their suit pants and into jeans to work out, but they'd keep their work shirts on. I never could figure out that train of thought.

Most of the people at my regular gym wear normal workout gear, but I adore the little old ladies in their pink velour tracksuits and matching headbands. Work it!
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Nice...I saw a dude running in skinny jeans at my gym the first week of January :laugh:

^^ WINNING!

Not as bad as the Guy at my gym who likes to sport a Man Thong while he is Lifting. SMH!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    lol the last time I was at the gym (I;m temporarily on the DL until next monday ) I saw this guy wear lepord tights yup a guy and a built guy at that ...It was ackward to say the least.... Oh and lets not forget the older gentlemen in the really tiny shorts who seems to think underwear is optional.... I dont want mr winky winking at me please
  • hph442
    hph442 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    A guy was walking on the track in hot pink satin shorts, dafuq
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    My favorite of the week:

Hiking boots
    Wool socks
    Long sleeve camo t-shirt
    Aqua marine bathing suit.

gymfashion_zps75abfdd8.jpg

reminds me of what I see walking along the beaches in NJ lol
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    Options
    lol the last time I was at the gym (I;m temporarily on the DL until next monday ) I saw this guy wear lepord tights yup a guy and a built guy at that ...It was ackward to say the least.... Oh and lets not forget the older gentlemen in the really tiny shorts who seems to think underwear is optional.... I dont want mr winky winking at me please

we have a little old asian guy who wears tohse short shorts in the pool. When he gets out of the water the shorts are riding up and his winky is winking lol. First time I saw him I was on the treadmill. They all line up facing the pool. I laughed so hard I fell off the treadmill. I wasn't the only one busting out laughing. Poor old sap had no idea..... or did he? :noway:
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    Options
    It's when I see the 40+ woman in the matching Under Armor outfit that has full makeup and hair done that doesn't break a sweat and is constantly cougaring the guys. Now that's funny. It's not 1$ margarita night.
    :drinker: did someone say margarita?
    oh..hey!!!
    Hey I represent that remark! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options

I know, RIGHT? I was walking the indoor track with a friend and an older guy in short shorts decided to stretch his hamstrings on one of the rails. I mean, thanks for not blocking the track by facing out as there are only two lanes, but if you are going to face into the track...Dude...tighty whiteys or boxer briefs, but NOT boxers and short shorts putting your junk on display for all to see...PLEASE!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Not as bad as the Guy at my gym who likes to sport a Man Thong while he is Lifting. SMH!
    You should just look at him, then run away screaming "my eyes, my eyes are bleeding" :sad:
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Don't make fun of old people. Not cool!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    25gxq1u.jpg

+1 for Golden Girls.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    "I don't know about you, but every time some joker points me out as I walk through an airport wearing extra-small Dolfin shorts, a tank top and leg warmers, I get a little upset."

-Richard Simmons
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    The t-shirt that doesn't cover a guy's arms and underneath the armpit there is no cloth all the way down to his stomach. Why do guys always wear these to the gym?? It looks ridiculous. :tongue:

So you can see his man boobs, it's man-tacular!
  • djfriedman81
    Options
    i saw a man working out in a suit and tie last Sunday. i thought that was interesting choice

If you want success you need to dress for it
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    He is in the gym and this is what matters... My favorite is when coworker told me they were going to join the gym and buy a new pink sweatsuit so they could wear their cute pink heels they already had!!

they were serious! :noway:
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    The t-shirt that doesn't cover a guy's arms and underneath the armpit there is no cloth all the way down to his stomach. Why do guys always wear these to the gym?? It looks ridiculous. :tongue:

It allows you to cover up quite well (hooray modesty!) while providing lots of air circulation to keep you cool.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I guarantee you, this is what he's thinking:
    gym.gif?w=400&h=276
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

skinny bro's wear this because they think it makes them look bigger, like their tiny shoulders are suddenly visible. In reality, they just look skinny with zero definition on their sides and fat spilling over the top of their shorts. 98% of people wearing those look terrible. That is an actual statistic taken from years of observing bros in their natural habitats.
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Pants too short/ small to cover what should remain covered aka oversized bellies, Butt cracks and other "stuff".
  • LaurenOliver
    Options
    Me: Does this shirt look too tacky 80's for the gym?
    Boyfriend: It's the gym, it doesn't matter.

Obviously people are judging, so it does. hahahaha.

I'll wear anything I want anyway tho.

I'm always curious how the people wearing sweatshirts and zip up hoodies can do that. I start feeling too hot and suffocated in a t shirt.