what are your fav snacks

Options
moneb
moneb Posts: 8 Member
what are your favourite snacks to eat during the day, that don't have too many calories?
i love wholemeal banana muffins, and they only take 25mins to make!

Replies

• Lafox88
    Lafox88 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'd probably have to say Grapes, they are just easy to nibble on :)
  • moneb
    Options
    mm yes fruit...i love kiwifruit. except last time i had one it was a bit too squishy, and tasted funny. but otherwise they are great.
  • KarenWantsABikini
    Options
    A banana, a handful of strawberries, or even a cruskit with low fat cream cheese and a slice of tomato, yum
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    Rice cakes with laughing cow cheese.
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    Special K bars (80cal) - I love 'em :laugh:
  • TruSunshine
    TruSunshine Posts: 178
    Options
    Strawberries and Cottage Cheese! Yummy Yum Yum!
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    yogurt, fruit, string cheese (80 cal), baby carrots are some of my favorites
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    popcorn!!!! I eat it every day:0)
  • jessicakate26
    Options
    I love larabars! Some kinds are higher in calories...but they are all natural and such a great snack on the go!
  • cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    recently discovered jello mousse, omg 60 calories and i feel like i'm being sooo bad eating it!

also, apples, 100 calorie pack mint fudge petits, wheat thins fiber selects with a laughing cow triangle, various other fruits, handful of nuts, occassionally 100 calorie bag of popcorn
  • hig17
    hig17 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    fuji apples, rice cake with reduced fat peanut butter, laughing cow cheese and mini pretzels, 94% fat free kettle korn pop corn

Just to name a few :)
  • sweetrevenge
    sweetrevenge Posts: 188
    Options
    I like pineapple chunks or edamame, depending on what kind of mood my palate is in!
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    what are your favourite snacks to eat during the day, that don't have too many calories?

Ooooh they sound good, Can I have the recipe?
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    sugar free gum and hard candies, lean turkey with laughing cow (yummy), fruits like bananas, apple pears, apples, grapes, 100 cal popcorn, 90 cal special k bars, fignewton crisp, mini rice cakes, yogurt, pudding, jello This is making me hungry LOL! ;)
  • AlexandraNK
    AlexandraNK Posts: 54
    Options

Ooooh they sound good, Can I have the recipe?

Yeah Send the Recipe, I'm always looking for new yummy snacks and my Hubby loves bananna and any baked good it can be put in.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Apple with peanut butter
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    strawberrys with a little bit of melted dark chocolate,sardines with hot sauce and cracker(my favorite-but not everybodies taste),one of those really low calorie canned soups,a chopped up apple with peanut butter,yogurt (possibly in smothie form), and FROZEN GREEN GRAPES-BEST summer snack EVER! cool and refreshing and super duper yummy!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Apple with peanut butter

Ooohhh! I was going to say that! :smile:
  • SayRah
    SayRah Posts: 104
    Options
    Apple slices w/ peanut butter, almonds, Special K bars, carrots with fat-free ranch dressing, yogurt, and sometimes I'll much on dark chocolate chips :)
  • moneb
    Options
    Banana muffins :smile:

Ingredients (serves 12)
    45g butter
    2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1/2 cup milk
    2 eggs
    2 ripe bananas, mashed

Method
    Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a medium muffin tray (12 holes) with paper cases. Melt butter in a small saucepan or heat-proof bowl in the microwave. Set aside to cool slightly.
    Sift flour into a mixing bowl. Stir in sugar. Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients.
    Using a whisk, lightly beat milk, eggs and butter in a jug. Add to dry ingredients, along with mashed banana. Using a wooden spoon, gently mix ingredients until just combined. Stir in choc bits. Don't beat the mixture or the muffins will be tough.
    Spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin cases. Bake for 20 minutes or until firm on top when lightly touched. Leave in the tray for 3 minutes. Transfer the muffins to a rack to cool.

I also sometimes put in 1 cup Dark Choc Bits...which my family love!! And it's a nice treat...because I love chocolate! But of course this is totally optional.
    I have no idea what the nutritional information would be for these...would anyone have any idea?

Enjoy! :flowerforyou: