Really could use some encouraging words

Options
2»

Replies

• whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    i also need to lose another 10 lbs or so to fit into any of my dress pants and jeans :( i totally get where your coming from.
  • cdwilson2003
    Options
    Seven pounds on one month is fantastic. It's taken me close to two months to lose five pounds. Just keep doing what you're doing. But first things first, go buy (or borrow) a pair of black slacks for tomorrow's shin-dig and when the next mandatory work thing comes around - you'll have to buy (or borrow) another pair because those will be too small :happy: Chin up - you we can do this - WE can do this! I have faith in us - we're women - naturally strong!
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I know how depressing that can be, but look at the positive side! You have lost 7 lbs in a month! That is so awesome! You will make it thru this retreat and then the next one you will knock them out with how much weight you have lost.
  • BlackKat75
    BlackKat75 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Chin up and think about this day as motivation as you keep moving forward.

About this time last year, I came to the shocking realization that the largest of my size 14 pants were becoming uncomfortably tight. By that point I had hardly any dress pants that I could wear to work, and I was constantly wearing the biggest pants in my closet. It was pretty depressing looking at a closet full of clothes and realizing that I could hardly wear any of them because they were all too small for me. Fast forward to today - I'm between a size 6 and a size 8 and I can't wear my size 14 pants because they would literally fall off my hips.

Just keep at it and soon your seven-pound loss (well done!) will be seventeen, and on and on. If I can do it, you can do it too. It's one day at a time, one foot in front of the other, moving forward instead of looking back.

Remember, we're here cheering you on!
  • ajoakland83
    Options
    I hope you are feeling better!! It can be a terrible struggle when your clothes don't fit, or don't fit well. Just becasue the weight comes off, doesn't mean it comes off in the most convenient spots. It can tend to fall off from one area, and then move to another as you continue to lose. I've always been bigger in the middle and smaller on the pants side, and the lbs are just falling off my hips and thighs, but my top isn't following the same pattern. As I continue to loose though, my top is starting to show a loss, and I'm able to get different sizes as well. Keep your chin up:) It's a journey, and it won't always be easy, but the end result means a much happier and healthier you, with better clothes options!!
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I have been back on here for a little over a month. I have been doing really well, and have lost seven pounds. I was feeling really good about myself. Two pair of my jeans fit me now and my husband and family says they are starting to see my stomach pulling back in.

However, I work from home. I outgrew ALL of my clothes. I have been wearing yoga pants and stuff like that for the last three months. Since two pairs of my jeans fit I thought I was doing really well. That all changed tonight. Tomorrow my company is having a big work retreat and it mandatory that everyone go even the employees that work from home. The crappy part is we are not allowed to wear jeans tomorrow we have to dress up. WELL, apparently my progress has not been enough as none of my dress pants fit, my skirts do not fit and my dresses do not fit either. The ones I could get on and button I could not sit down in them. I have just spent the last hour and a half sitting on the floor of my closet bawling my eyes out. My husband is trying to be so supportive, but it just is not helping. He has no idea what I am going through so his encouraging words just don't seem to be helping. I did finally find a pair of pants, not sure where they came from, but I am glad I found them. Even though I found them and they do fit I now feel so defeated.

Please tell me if anyone has been through this. If so, what did you do to keep going and not do what I have been doing; bawling my eyes out for almost 2 hours now.

This was such a kick in the teeth! :(

What's the point in crying? That isn't going to shed away the pounds right? Use that feeling to fuel your workouts. Go buy a new outfit that fits your NOW body or even a couple to get you through the retreat. Feeling sorry for yourself will get you no where.
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    7 pounds is definately a great start. Remember clothes are cut different and a lot of times dress clothes are cut smaller than our casual clothes. My closet currently ranges from 10s to a few 14s. We have all been there. Don't feel defeated. You are doing great and will continue to do so.
  • JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. Before you know it, you'll go to the closet looking for something to wear, and none of it will fit because it's all too big! :smile:
  • gpizzy
    gpizzy Posts: 171
    Options
    I am going through this right now! My jeans fit better, yoga pants always fit but work slacks are tight. You will make it, you will be okay. Be happy with what you have accomplished and keep going. You didn't get to the body you're at overnight and you won't get to where you want to be overnight either. it's a process, it takes time, enjoy it! And wear the pants that fit lol
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the responses but I want to tell you something someone once told me. These tough times, these breakdowns, will always be a part of you. You will have many frustrations in your future. But the blessing is knowing they are going to be there when you least expect them AND knowing that the sting lessens with each one. You are doing a beautiful job. I've been where you are and sometimes still am (in my mind) where you are. I would suggest to accept that this is happening and journal about it so that when you look back on yourself after a year you will be so proud of how far you've come.

You can do it!
  • Lisafrazier71
    Lisafrazier71 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    More times than I want to admit! And we have a walk-in closet so I have sat there with the door closed and bawled!!!! Girl, go buy yourself a new dress. And if you are not all that psyched about how you look in a dress right now... get some funky jewelry or new shoes to go with it. Accessories are AWESOME distractions!!! If you're worried that it won't fit you in six months, get something inexpensive. And stop hating on yourself and pat yourself on the back for losing what you have lost so far and fitting into those jeans! You deserve it. I bought one the other day :) Even though I'm not where I want to be yet, but I'll get there and SO WILL YOU.
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Time to go shopping! Just one pair of slacks and one shirt, or something. Nothing overly expensive. We've all been through it, I bet. You just started out. You're doing an incredible job. Just this kind of thing throws you for a loop. Maybe buy a pretty sweater or one of those drapey things that looks pretty on anyone and can be worn with jeans and slacks both. You really are doing great.
  • Ashiepie4
    Options
    Everyone has been there. Everyone feels defeated at one point during their weight loss journey. I always tell myself that 'it took longer than a day to put on the weight, it's going to take longer than a day to get rid of it.'

7 lbs in a month is pretty freaking amazing! You should be proud of that!! You have jeans that are fitting you and you're feeling better about yourself. Focus on all of the positive, don't dwell on the negative. Staying positive is what's going to help you lose the weight!

Good luck!
  • Cynkane
    Cynkane Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE! I am much better today. Of course I used last night to motivate me to get up extra early and get my workout in before I had to leave for our retreat. I am very thankful I did find a pair of khakis that fit. My husband said I looked very nice.

I am really proud of my accomplishments thus far and am still working really hard. I had a bad weak moment. I really just needed some postive reinforcement from people who have been there and that is just what all of you did. My husband tried so hard, but it just was not helping.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!