what do you suggest

Options
Since last tuesday ive had sickness and the runs, im now really struggling to eat, every thing i seem to eat wants to come back out, i have constant nausea and no appetite, im forcing my self to eat,it is slowly getting better. Any suggestions on what i should eat ? what helps you when your like this ? My doctor was no help he just said eat as normal.

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Anything that sounds appealing and stays down...and, er, in. :tongue:

Bland foods are usually recommended for situations like what you've described - dry toast, crackers, plain white rice, broth, lots of water.

Hope you feel better!
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Personally when I don't feel good like that I want sweets. Kool-aid, chocolate, any dessert food. Cinnamon/sugar toast, chicken broth, pudding, rice. I usually just eat anything that doesn't make me want to hurl just by thinking about it.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Ginger ale can help as well. Ginger is naturally soothing for delicate stomachs.
  • emchip1983
    Options
    thankyou,ive just tried eating a snickers thought the sugar boost might help, bleurgh wrong choice, think il stick with the crackerbreads.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    anything bland and soft so it doesnt hurt coming back up. LIke oatmeal?
  • Arkhos
    Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Anything that sounds appealing and stays down...and, er, in. :tongue:

Bland foods are usually recommended for situations like what you've described - dry toast, crackers, plain white rice, broth, lots of water.

Hope you feel better!

this, scrambled eggs if they don't make you nauseous, and ginger ale like above poster said, chicken noodle soup (with crackers), usually stay away from milk or ice cream. Maybe some jello

hope you feel better!!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    BRATT diet
    Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast, Tea

Should help! Hope you're getting electrolytes too!! Feel better soon!
  • gpizzy
    gpizzy Posts: 171
    Options
    I'm a big fan of white bread and butter when I'm sick. Sounds strange but I've convinced myself the bread sucks up the sickness LOL. And, LOTS of water.
  • anj1030
    anj1030 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Gatorade...something with electrolytes in it tend to be really good at treating any dehyration...also, toast has always been my go to...even a whole wheat bagel. Hope you feel better soon!!!!
  • jnmscott
    Options
    I am in the same boat and I am drinking some gatorade. It helps and you don't want to get dehydrated. Good luck and hope you feel better soon.
  • anj1030
    anj1030 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Gatorade...something with electrolytes in it tend to be really good at treating any dehyration...also, toast has always been my go to...even a whole wheat bagel. Hope you feel better soon!!!!

Forgot Sorbet...for some reason sugar free sorbet always works for me too!!! :smile:
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    my Doctor always says if you can't see through it you don't get to have it, for 2 days, it usually helps but then I end up starving so then I have an egg after the 2 days