Portion Control...Something that we sometimes forget to watc

Options
One thing that I have been finding with MFP is that I can eat the same way I did before (which was generally healthy) but now I am forced to watch my portions when I am either planning or recording my meals.

I overeat on the good stuff too because my "serving" is really 4 servings or something ridiculous. Measuring cups and spoons are my best friends now when I cook at home. It's a little more difficult when I go out, but I am finding that an appetizer at a restaurant is sometimes as much food as a whole meal i cook at home.

Thanks MFP for helping me see where one of my biggest diet mistakes lies.

Replies

• Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    That's great. It's all downhill once you know the correct serving to eat :drinker: Okay maybe not quite that easy but a healthy life is in your future now. :flowerforyou:
  • nyprdiva
    nyprdiva Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    LOL. True.
  • evanlyn
    evanlyn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Completely agree, I now realise that portion control was one of my problems too. Using the food diary I can now see that previously my "healthy" bowl of cereal for breakfast was really 4 breakfasts in one! :smile:

Instead of living at the back of a cupboard my kitchen scales is now a permant fixture on my worktop and it's made a huge difference.