lost ZERO pounds and I'm HUNGRY!

Options

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    5 days is probably too short a time to expect results. Drink lots of water, eat at a moderate deficit, and give the body some time to work.
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    At work and only food I have is a Snickers bar in my bag

And perhaps prepare something healthy and nutritious for lunch and don't stock your bag with chocolate?
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    You are hungry because you are not eating enough. MFP builds in a deficit for you, don't try to create some massive one by under eating. Try to get closer to the number it gives you.
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Big food with low calorie. think; baked or sweet potatoe, almonds, rice cakes with applesauce, oatmeal, an apple, or low calorie soup. It doesn't take much to stop the growl. This isn't supposed to be suffering, but a lifestyle change. You gotta fuel the tank.
  • Shugabitz
    Options
    EAT!!! (this advice has been given free of charge) :smile:
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    How many eggs did you have for breakfast, I have never used a measuring cup for whole eggs!

Even with that, you are consistently under your goal: go ahead and eat the snickers.

In the future, pack something more nutritious for work.
  • nolakris
    nolakris Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You may want to keep an eye on your sodium levels too. A quick peek at your journal and I am seeing a lot of packaged/processed foods. That can mean a lot of sodium.
  • cruiseking
    Options
    Dont have none of that. At work and only food I have is a Snickers bar in my bag
    Yikes! A Snickers Bar? Prior planning my friend. I try to avoid any food that has a high glycemic value. Just makes me more hungry. Snickers?
  • mazjarvis
    mazjarvis Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i have just started back at this after signing up a while ago and i'm having much more success this time around. I make sure that i have access to mfp via my ipod so i can take it to work with me. Planning is the key really. I work as a hairdresser and my mealtimes are all over the place....especially on a \saturday. Food isn't always an option and i knew this would be a sticking point for me. To combat this i keep a couple of slimfast shakes at work in the fridge or my bag as i can drink these while working. They are only around 250 calories and can really help me with hunger pangs until i can eat REAL food. i also set myself a more realistic goal this time. Before i put in that i wanted to loose 2 + pounds a week and this gave my 1500 cals per day. i dropped my goal down to 1 lb a week and now i can eat 1800 cals per day. Yes ideally i want the weight to come off like yesterday but having the extra calories and loosing the weigh slower is better than feeling hungry and ruining my entire week by feeling that i have failed then binging. realise where your difficult times are and try and plan around them!!!
  • cruiseking
    Options
    Go for a run. No, not being mean or facetious.... Its what you should do. Substitute exercise for hunger cravings (that is of course this assumes you have already consumed your goal amount /intake of food).
    Running; my wife's cure for a hangover. The first mile hurts like hell :-)
  • kiwikara
    kiwikara Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating enough! If you aren't eating enough then zero weight loss or even weight gain will occur. Feed your body with good foods!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    You seem to be very sad. I'm sorry.

Eat more filling foods.

Don't weight yourself for the first month and then only expect a pound or so loss.

Count your calories as accurately as you can.

Exercise.
  • pscuse
    pscuse Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Drink some water, you might be thirsty and then eat a little something. Don't worry about 5 days not showing up on the scale. It is frustrating but it is still too soon. Make sure you are eating enough because as strange as this sounds when I don't eat enough the scale stops.
  • bethkrusac
    bethkrusac Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I had this problem, too. After talking to my doctor, I found out I wasn't eating the right foods. He told me to eat more protein and eat more often. After eating 5 meals a day with 80-100 grams of protein for a week, I lost three pounds. I don't know if this would help at all, but like the others, look at WHAT you are eating and be sure it's the right stuff to fill you up. Also, drink lots of water...that fills you up, too!

Feel free to add me as well. Any support and motivation is welcome!
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    listen to your body, eat! eat more to lose more!!
  • merrellmichael
    Options
    Ok made myself some green tea

I feel better
  • szaychek
    szaychek Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Definitely go for more protein! I was having the same sort of issue but after having found the right foods/amounts for me I have been dropping weight and have not been full. My go to things to do are to do some activity for 20 minutes or so to see if maybe I was just bored and to drink a glass or two of water. Good Luck!!
  • merrellmichael
    Options
    This is the greatest Snickers bar in the history of food
  • cruiseking
    Options
    Enjoy it!
  • fatfriendonadiet
    fatfriendonadiet Posts: 36 Member
    Options

Okay, this made me laugh. I'm pretty sure I've done the same thing before when stuck at work. Enjoy it!