Started insanity but now im sick..

Options
Hey Everyone,

I Started the Insanity program 16 days ago. Today would be day 16..... :S I have the worst cold ever and on top of it I now have Laryngitis. Yesterday I tried doing the Fit Test and I had to shut the video off just before starting Burpee's. Im totally heart broken because I dont want this to mess up the first two weeks. Iv already seen 1.5 loss on my waist and I really want to see more. I understand I should take care of my self first, which is fine. I probably will go home after work (YES, Im at work... :( ) put on a movie and lay there...

But any suggestions or anything.... Im just horrified that I either will lose what iv already worked for.. or just give up on it completely because who knows when I will be able to function again.

Maybe ill do half a video every day... :S How horrible. UGHHHH!

Please help.

Sincerely,

One SAD PANDA

Replies

• HOLLEE85
    Options
    I understand how fustrating that is....Last summer I started it and like 2 or 3 weeks in I had to get my wisdom teeth out.......Maybe try not to go too hard at it just do what you can take water breaks etc
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Don't panic, you won't lose it all in the 7-10 days it takes to get over a cold, you might lose a bit, but just start gently as soon as you start to feel more yourself and you'll soon be back into it. Believe me, I had flu over Christmas, but my running hadn't been badly affected when I got back to it.
  • dsendre
    dsendre Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I had a similar experience with Insanity this year as well. However, instead of being sick, I went on vacation after doing 2 weeks of Insanity. I just completely started over with Day 1 and I'm now beginning week 3 of Insanity in my 2nd go-round.

Just don't give up! Stay with it. Start feeling better and then get back on the Insanity train!