Any runners out there??

Options
Hi all!

I'm pretty new to this site (as of a week ago) and am excited to get started on this fitness journey! My goal for 2013 is to run three half marathons (I've already registered for them so there's no backing out now) haha. Any other runners out there willing to share some motivation tips and what not? Please add me if so! :) Hope everyone is having an amazing weekend!

Replies

• jcovolo
    Options
    I run, but I'm starting with a 5K :) Would love a runner friend though, so FR sent :)
  • katnord
    katnord Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I ran a half marathon in October, and have another planned for April. I'm trying to run one race a month for the rest of the year. Feel free to add me!
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I love to run. My 2013 goals include four half marathons, one full marathon (my first), and completing Tough Mudder (for the second time). I just did my first 15k race of the season this weekend and finished first in my age group - out of two! Lol.

I've already committed to three half marathons and the full marathon before the end of June. Next weekend is a 10 mile trail run with 1,700 feet of elevation gain.

I'm not an expert and mostly rely on the advice of others with more experience. I'd love to share tips and motivation.
  • WendyBoatman
    WendyBoatman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Been running 5 weeks now and would love to run a 1/2 marathon. What a great goal you have. I, personally, am starting with my first 5k on March 16th :) the day before my birthday. I log every day and run 5 days per week. Friend request has been sent. What running app are you on? I have MapMyRun and RunKeeper. Look me up if you are interested.
  • runnerman7
    runnerman7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also a runner (long distance). What has been your longest distance so far? I think you've set yourself up for an awesome journey! Anything I can do to help you reach your goals, just let me know :)

Tom
  • TB6197
    TB6197 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hey everyone, love running. Been on and off over the years, done a few races inc. 1/2 marathon. Always good to have the motivation from other runners. I'll send FRs.
  • jonnie7053
    jonnie7053 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi, been running for almost a year and I love it. haven't entered any races as I run for the enjoyment and to be honest I'm my own competitor. It would be great to have more friends on MFP that run. Anyone feel free to add me : )
  • Polydor
    Options
    I'm trying to get back into my running routine but work and weather being annoying. But getting there slowly and the weather is getting cooler ( less +40 /105+ F ) days.

Also trying to schedule some races this year including a half marathon. And that is where difficulties with work come in ( work every other weekend). But need to find some and book them so that I have some motivation.

Feel free to add me anyone! Would love to have some running friends.

P.
  • Violetta86
    Violetta86 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    One of my goals is to do six 5K races this year and potentially a half marathon in the fall. Feel free to add me - I'd love more running friends.
  • elkrisle
    elkrisle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm an aspiring runner! Total newbie haha, I can barely run over a mile without dying, but every time I'm getting better.

Just signed up the the Atlanta 5k Color Run on April 6th. So I've got to get my butt into shape!