Grilled chicken with flavor?

Options
13»

Replies

• kpederslie
    kpederslie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Coat raw chicken generously in Mrs. Dash Chicken and Lawry's Seasoned Pepper...

Grills up great!!
  • Amazigh926
    Amazigh926 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Moroccan Kabab or Kefta Seasoning:

1 cup grated onion
    salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
    3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
    1/2 bunch flatleaf parsley, chopped
    1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
    1 teaspoon sweet paprika
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    1 lemon zested and juiced
    1/4 cup (or less) olive oil
    1 small cayenne pepper or 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper (can also use red pepper flakes if preferred)

Will comfortably marinate 1 1/2 lbs meat of choice.

I like to make it and pack it in to ice cube trays and freeze it, then I just take a cube or two out for however much meat I have. It is GREAT in ground meat, too! My favorite marinade!
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    do you have a supply of various herbs & spices?

I would look up some spice mixes like moroccan, chinese 5 spice, cajun/blackened, some type of curries and then go ahead and trial and error taste test what you like best.
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    I put paprika, kosher or sea salt, garlic and cracked pepper generously over the chicken and throw on the grill or even bake in the oven. Awesome either way...
  • cmullerRN
    cmullerRN Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    some really great ideas!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    marinate in Good Seasons Italian dressing made with olive oil and basalmic vinegar
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i always boil my chicken or cook in chicken broth all day in the crock pot, then, when its done, i put a little bbq sauce on it, grill it for just a few minutes to caramalize the sauce, and it taste awesome!!!
  • tmpayton
    tmpayton Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Sriracha Sauce, Honey, Yellow Mustard-mix to your desired hot/sweet taste
    Tastes great grilled or saute'd.
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i have been using chinese five spice alot lately
  • YumemiruJin
    YumemiruJin Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I make Lebanese Grilled chicken. The ONLY downside to this is that you have to hope you can find an Arabic store that sells "Arabic 7 Spice". Everything else is pretty pedestrian.

I use this recipe, only minus the use of the cinnamon, since we use boneless, skinless breasts cut into cubes, and then marinated. They're cooked on skewers for about 11-14 minutes, and it's great with any kind of garlic sauce you can find :)

Fun fact: If you leave it out on the counter for about 3 hours, you won't have to marinade it in the refrigerator overnight!

http://www.mamaslebanesekitchen.com/poultry/lebanese-grilled-chicken-recipe-djej-mishwe/
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    For Americans, Grilling is on the charcoal or gas outdoor grill. Good reminder on the language differences!

thanks !
  • hatethegame
    hatethegame Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cindygretz
    Options
    steak seasoning / grill seasoning

My favorite is Aldi's brand or McCormicks
  • curejenn
    curejenn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipolte seasoning!! Sprinkle it liberally on both sides of your chicken (I also still add salt but I like more seasoning then salt so I buy Mrs Dash and add my own salt!), grill and then top with fresh pico. There is nothing more delicious.
  • jamebb
    jamebb Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Honey, balsamic vinegar, fresh rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper and a little bit of olive oil. Adjust quantities per your preference.