Match boxes
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Different screws.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Red Rose tea china animals. My grandmothers used to drink gallons and gallons of tea.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    boogers

Just your own, or were you an equal opportunity collector?

Yuck. My own boogers only.

that_makes_me_moist_by_birdie635-d2xi3m1_zpscf024857.jpg
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    post cards, fashion magazines.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    GARBAGE PAIL KIDS FTW!!!!!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    China dolls and pez dispensers
  • Rames221
    Rames221 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    POKEMON CARDS!! :D I still have boxes full of them! lolz
  • Ivian_
    Ivian_ Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Those collector Barbie dolls they'd have behind the glass at Toys R Us (mom put them right back behind a glass display case, so I couldn't even really play with them lol), Ty beanie babies, and PEZ dispensers. Sold both the beanie babies and PEZ dispensers a few years ago and made good money off of them. I still have the dolls though.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    minerals and throwing stars

<<<< huge dork
  • Sillykitty2121
    Sillykitty2121 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Rocks, pokemon cards, and cabbage patch kids
  • BamBam125
    BamBam125 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I started collecting postcards as a child. I still collect them. I only collect them from places I've been to though or ones sent to me by friends and family (aka I don't collect random "vintage" postcards from places I've never been or from people I don't know).

They are a great thing for a travel lover like me. They're cheap (often 2 or 4 for a dollar), pack well (great for carry on bags), they note where you were (and often when), and the images are often better than anything I can take with my own camera (aeral shots, perfect weather, no under construction/renovations--post cards are great for things like European cathedrals and castles that you can't take a decent shot of in real life).

I have over a shoe box full of the things now. I had them as a collage on my dorm wall in college (with putty to mount them to the wall so that I didn't have to poke holes in them) and they got a lot of attention then (have you really been to X?!). Since college, they've been in a box but I'm now exploring ways to mount them in my home (like a series of framed collages down a hallway).
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I've got a 1970 topps football card of my wife's grandfather graded gem mint (pop 1).
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    boogers

Just your own, or were you an equal opportunity collector?

Yuck. My own boogers only.

that_makes_me_moist_by_birdie635-d2xi3m1_zpscf024857.jpg

Holy lord! I just spit water all over my keyboard. Bwahahaha!
  • TakinSexyBack
    TakinSexyBack Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I still have boxes and boxes full of boxes of Garbage Pail Kids Cards at my parents house! I bet they are worth something these days! I also collected those plastic charms you clipped to the long plastic chain necklace and had about a million stickers! Those were the days!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I wasn't allowed to collect things.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I wasn't allowed to collect things.
    How traumatic!!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Angels. My grandma had quite the collection, blown glass, cloth, wood carved, etc... She died on my 7th birthday and my dad and aunts thought it would be appropriate to give them to me.

This turned into my family, other grandma and friends buying them for me, mostly in ornament form.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Whales - I still have a ton of them and people still give them to me as gifts.
    Coins - I include $2 bills in this too
    Rocks - I still have people bring me back rocks from other places in the world.
    Foghorn Leghorn - pretty much anything with him on it.
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Pogs (does anyone remember those?)

YES.

omg pogs were awesome!!