30 Day Shred- Help needed please

Options
How do you calculate calories burned doing the 30 day shred? Doing each exercise seperate seems tedious.

Replies

• jordieq86
    jordieq86 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing! I started that today and have no idea to log it
  • Yolanda_85
    Yolanda_85 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I logged it as Circuit training, general. I've also seen it logged at calisthenics (sp??). Either way it gives you the same amount of calories burned.
  • dalh
    dalh Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I just add it as 20 mins of aerobics. If that calculates it a bit on the low side, then great, I will lose that much faster. If it's a bit on the high side, I rarely eat all of my exercise calories back, so I think it all works out :)
  • hayles333
    hayles333 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I just log it as circuit training. That is slightly high compared to the formula that is suggested by Jillian Michaels, but it's a pretty good estimate. The more precise calculation is something like 3.267 calories per pound per hour...so you multiply 3.267 by your weight, then divide by 60 minutes, then multiply by however many minutes of activity you do...I think it's like 24 minutes per workout. Hope that helps!
  • little_black_dress
    Options
    Makes sense. Thank you :)
  • bkerstin
    bkerstin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My wife and I started today and logged it as "circuit training-general." Not sure if this is correct, but it's what we did.
  • amberpickens
    amberpickens Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    im doin 30ds to and a few girls that are on myfitnesspal told me that they have used a heart rate monitor and it shows the same thing as circuit training so thats how i log it. if ur doin 30ds u should add me we can help motivate each other
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I used aerobics. but I wear a HRM so I had my exact calories burned and entered them.
  • INSANITY43
    Options
    You can add your own excercise and call it shred.....I use a HRM and average 200-225 calories per workout.
  • angeliqueann
    angeliqueann Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    circuit training
  • MeanSophieCat
    MeanSophieCat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I use a heart-rate monitor (HRM) and calculated 265 calories during Level 1. I did have some small interruptions (children jumping on back, ect...) so it might be closer to 300 straight through for my weight (low 170s)

Using the MFP exercises, it comes out pretty close to circuit training so that is what I usually use if I didn't wear my HRM.

I try never to eat back more than 75% exercise cals in case I miscalculate.
  • jlarn89
    jlarn89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    what is a 30 day shred?
  • thatonepersonfromtheinternet
    Options
    Most people log it as circuit training.
  • little_black_dress
    Options
    I'll be starting next week if anyone wants to "join" me. Just add me.
    Ive done it before and lost 40 pounds in 3 months (included walking and healthy eating) Unfortunately gained it all back :(
  • butterbean4283
    butterbean4283 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I used aerobics. but I wear a HRM so I had my exact calories burned and entered them.

^^this

MFP is very generous with calories for exercise. I wear a HRM too. I burned 287 in the 24 mins! I have the Polar FT-7, which was a great investment.
  • TJSwann
    TJSwann Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had the exercise seperately to the closes thing I've done.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I used a HRM and it averages between 240-280 per level depending on how hard I work. Some people log it as circuit training but I found that it gives you way more calories than you actually burn.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    what is a 30 day shred?

It is the workout video by Jillian Michaels 30 days shred. You can find the video on youtube. You do each level for 10 days. Search 30 DS shred and you will find a lot of info in this forum.
  • tanyakay87
    tanyakay87 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I used to log it as calenthetics (sp?) but then I got a HRM and that worked so much better. I went from 250 down to 170 calories burnt, totally wasn't right for my weight/height/etc.

Good luck with it. JM totally rocks!
  • jlarn89
    jlarn89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks