Not Eating Enough Vegetables

Options
2»

Replies

• luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    You should try butternut squash. It's a great base for lots of "pasta" themed recipes and tastes delicious.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    You'd be shocked how you can add veggies without adding too many calories. I like to cook my veggies WITH my meat so it gives it a more savory flavor and will sprinkle a little pepper over it while it cooks. Add's barely anything to my diet and fills me right up!

You can also try cooking your veggies in broth or making your own dipping sauces so you can fix it to be lower calorie/fat and still give you a good intake. Have fun with it, be inventive or creative! :)

I buy this amazing humus (but you could make your own) with artichoke, spinach and red pepper in it. It makes a delightful dip for raw veggies.
  • LSwan2
    LSwan2 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi, I think grilling veggies is a great option. Also, I don't know if you have heard of pinterest, but it is a great way to save excellent recipes. I'm involved in pinterest and it is so much fun and you can get such great ideas about a lot of things. Best to you
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    v8 fusioin, it is awsome and you can get your daily veggtables and fruit for the day and comes in many differnt flavors.:)

Be careful with that...I did that and got belly fat for the first time since losing my weight in 1987 b/c of the high sugar content
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    Here's what goes into our two glasses of juice. One for each of us

Talk about eating the rainbow!

732deef2-a3fa-424e-ba2a-18e4222905df_zpsc8f5cfa6.jpg
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for all of the wonderful suggestions!! I will be purchasing a juicer this week, and will definitely be sampling the delicious recipes you all suggested. I didn't even know some of those existed. Zucchini brownies? Carrot and cheese sandwich? My curiosity will definitely lead me to trying those and others. Thanks Again!!