Thoughts on frozen yogurt

Options
Do you indulge in ice-cream or frozen yogurt once in a while? What is the lowest calorie frozen yogurt in the market?

Replies

• sarahjay1
    sarahjay1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I indulge in frozen yogurt a lot...I like Chapman's Cappucino with espresso flakes (100 cals per 1/2 cup), or Dutch chocolate or Vanilla with Caramel (these latter two have slightly more cals per half cup). You can get frozen yogurt bars for under 100 cals. BUT they do have a good amount of sugar and carbs.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I often have ice cream - probably 5 times a week.

But I eat a table spoon or quarter cup serving.

I love the taste and the fat/protein combination is very satisfying - especially with a few nuts thrown on top.

You have to read the box - it's density and fat content, not volume that has the calories. 1/4 cup of Ben and Jerry's is twice the calories of Breyers low fat. May be worth it though. I go for quality, not quantity.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Thoughts ...... Ice cream is WAY better ... that is all
  • natesangel
    natesangel Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    love ice cream and frozen yogurt but it's a rare treat here due to cost. family current favourite: chapmans frozen yogurt 'cheeky monkey'!! it's banana and strawberry yogurt with strawberry and brownie bits! 130 cals per 1/2 cup. SOO yum!
  • janadecker
    janadecker Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Tcby has several fat free, no sugar added favors. There is a tcby close to my work and I often go for a "kiddie" size, which is .90 of a serving(4 oz.) and only 80 cals (0 fat). My favorites are white choc macadamia nut and mt blackberry. They even have a variety of fresh fruit you can add. I like the white choc with strawberries and blueberries. Mmmmm!!!!
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Indulge if you want. Personally I think the flavoring is stronger in the frozen yogurt. And I just found a recipe for chocolate chip cookie dough frozen yogurt, so now I have plans for this summer :love:
  • matti07
    matti07 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I haven't had frozen yogurt in a while -- I may try, in light of the possible clearer flavor profile. I used to eat Haagen Dazs' coffee flavor -- I wonder if it still exists, and would fit into my eating plans? Must check.

My favorite frozen treat is Blue Bunny's Sweet Freedom Black Raspberry Bar. I like portions. I can't kid myself with a pre-packaged sweet :)