Ran 3 Miles Tonight!

Options
jlking
jlking Posts: 29 Member
I ran three miles tonight! Averaged 10:39 per mile. I know that's pretty pitiful compared to what some of you can do, but I'm still pretty stoked about it!! Had to share!

Replies

• Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what other people can do... you did it!! Congrats!
  • shawley1
    shawley1 Posts: 25
    Options
    You have to start somewhere!!!! Way to go :happy:
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Wow! Way to go! I've just started attempting to run a couple of weeks ago and I would be really stoked if I could make it 3 miles, regardless of how long it took me!
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    Lol no it's not pitiful! It's freaking amazing!!! I know the feeling. I just did 2.5 miles the other day in 24 minutes! That was my fastest time ever. Be proud of that accomplishment. You can only improve from this point on, pretty soon you'll be doing a 10K in no time!! :flowerforyou:
  • Darkraven
    Darkraven Posts: 43
    Options
    lol I doubt I could run for 10 mins let alone do a mile in 10 so hell yes way to go!
  • AmiKayser
    AmiKayser Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just about a 5K!!!! Great job. :bigsmile:
  • jl_salhuana
    jl_salhuana Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow. Thus crowd is really supportive.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    So that's about a ten minute mile, wich is about what I do every day!!! Kudos!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME!!! Right now I can walk faster mile than I can run LOL! I can't wait to get where you are!
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    I ran three miles tonight! Averaged 10:39 per mile. I know that's pretty pitiful compared to what some of you can do, but I'm still pretty stoked about it!! Had to share!

There is NOTHING pitiful about that! You did an amazing job and you rightly deserve to boast about it on here. I respect anyone who can jog/run 5k regardless of the time it takes :laugh:
  • Junisahn
    Junisahn Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm impressed! I've taken up jogging and am proud just to go 3.5 miles in 40 minutes. I couldn't keep up with you!! ;)
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Don't ever compare yourself to others. When I started keeping track of my speed, I was averaging 10 minute miles. A few weeks later, I was averaging 9 minutes miles. The fact is you did it. The more you do it the easier it will be. That's fabulous and you should feel so proud.
  • ccgisme
    ccgisme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I think the others have already said all the wise things. Keep it up man! Your focus is on your personal best not someone else's. And your personal best is a work in progress. Keep evolving! Keep setting new goals to give yourself something to shoot for.

Good work!
  • kwaters7
    kwaters7 Posts: 129
    Options
    Hey hey hey! Great work!

Well done! Ditto the other posts...
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Great work! The point is that you ran those miles- I'm always impressed when someone is able to do that! That speed is pretty fantastic, I think- I'm still averaging much closer to a 12 minute mile, but am continuing to up my distance. Try not to compare yourself too much to others- just look to improve on what YOU'VE done so far.

Almost a 5K- keep up the running. You'll get faster and go farther as time goes along. *high fives*
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    Congrats on your accomplishmen! I am doing good to walk 3 miles; I think running 3 miles is awesome!
  • ACarp24
    ACarp24 Posts: 90
    Options
    I can hardly run 3 miles let alone do it in that time! That is a wonderful accomplishment and you should feel very proud. keep going and you will get faster, trust me!
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    i have been running for about 9 months on/off and still can't run 3 straight miles. when i did my first 5K it was a 13min mile. so i would say way to go!
  • justahorsen
    justahorsen Posts: 234
    Options
    Great Job!!! any accomplishment should be celebrated, not compared to what others do.....
  • L_in_NY
    L_in_NY Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Keep up the good work!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!