If I don't track, but work out...

Options
So... if I don't track what I eat, because I'm sick of it mostly.... but still walk/run and workout a few times a week, will I be able to see changes in my body? Will working out change the fat to muscle?

If I had to guess, I'm probably eating 1500-2000 cals per day and burning like about 200-300 cals per workout. I'm mostly interested in just ridding myself of the blubber and being able to move better.

Replies

• RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    It will still depend on how much goes eat vs how much you exercise regardless of whether you track it...
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I think if you consistently eat the same things you were eating while tracking but if not you really don't know how much you are taking in. I get sick of tracking too and take a break on occasion but try and eat how I do when tracking... give yourself a break from it for a week, weigh/measure yourself to see if things are heading in right direction. If not, best to get back to tracking.
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I don't know if that will work for you. You won't know either until you try it. Maybe try it for a few weeks and see where that gets you. If you need a tracking break, you need a tracking break.

I see you've been with MFP since April 2011 and you've lost 31 pounds. That tells me that by now you should know what works for you and what doesn't.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I would be scared to do that. This is working when estimating never did before. I have always made realitivley healthy food choices and stayed active but i was slowly gaining over the years (20 lbs in 7 years). If I was going to do that I wouldweigh myself a lot so as to know if I was still on track.
  • shanswan
    shanswan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I would keep tracking 1. it's easy and doesn't take much time and 2. I would have never thought I ate as much as I do with out tracking.