What is your favorite Workout video and WHY??

Options
Hi all,

I am curious to find out who is doing workout videos, which ones they have tried, and what they like best about their favorite one.

Let me know!

Replies

• pandabratt1
    pandabratt1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi again! I'm bumping this up since no one had responded. Anyone care to take the time?

Thanks!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    so far it is Jillian Michaels :

30 day shred - completed and this is on Youtube
    ripped in 30 ( which I have recently started)
    Killer buns & thighs - only done level 1
    yoga meltdown - on youtube
    no more trouble zones - also on youtube
    banish fat boost metabolism - again on youtube and a crazy good cardio workout !

Fitnessblender.com also has a large variety of workouts and exercises ! and free !
  • shanswan
    shanswan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Tae Bo his 10 min workouts, there are 8 of them and you can pick and choose what you want to do and for how long.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Anything Turbo-kick. Awesome stress relief with generally fun music :)
  • rumplesnat
    Options
    Beach Body's Turbo Jam- love that I can see how much time left for each segment. Time FLIES by.

Turbo Fire- super quick and kicks your butt in 20 minutes.

8 minute Tae Bo with Billy Blanks- great quick cardio to get a good calorie burn in when you don't have time.

Crunch Pick Your Spot Pilates- love Ellen Barrett. She's cute and cheerful, but not so chipper that I want to punch her in the neck.
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Les Mills Body Combat--I have a set that has 30, 45 and 60 min dvd's and 2 are HIIT. I like the variety and kickboxing/martial arts is my favorite way to train
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I am curious to find out who is doing workout videos, which ones they have tried, and what they like best about their favorite one.

Let me know!

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, 6Week 6Pack, Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism, Yoga Meltdown. I have yet to try Ripped in 30

Leslie Sansone's walk off the pounds: a mile each day and walk it off: tone it up walk dvd's. I love her pilates dvd. You Can Do Pilates. Leslie is low key, pleasant and upbeat. I love her dvd's. Sometimes, Jillian is too much.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Mine is Kathy Smith Yoga. The instruction is fantastic, the cinematography beautiful, and....doing that daily makes me so much stronger in every other fitness venture I pursue. It gives me beautiful posture, deeper breathing throughout the day, and relieves stress.
  • marcuscross104
    marcuscross104 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Susan Samsong

Walk Away the Pounds {2 miles} 30 min.

Its the only one I've had any success with.
  • SammyKatt13
    SammyKatt13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I really like Zuzka Light's workouts. They are free on youtube or if you dont have access to that you can buy her workout DVD's for under $20 online.

I also like Turbo Fire and Turbo Jam, but I personally would NEVER pay that much for workout DVD's. But if you look hard enough, you can just download them for free. =)
  • jbaca9602
    jbaca9602 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I like Ellen Barrett's Pick Your Level Pilates. I found it while recovering from an ankle injury as the lower level has low-key workouts but also depending on the workout you can do more if you can handle more. It doesn't teach you the breathing and posture as much, but still pretty easy to just copy what she's doing. I like that it's not like those "dance pilates" that are really just step aerobics, and while calm, it definitely leaves me sore!

I like Jillian's 30DS, haven't tried much else of hers, but I tend to hide from her unless I'm really in the mood to bust a sweat.

I also found this 10-minute kickboxing workout at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlX_Gy4HP2E I really like it if I don't have the time, lung capacity, or effort for a half hour workout but still want to break a sweat. It warms you up and takes you back down well, so by the time it's over, my heart rate's almost back down and I can get on with my day. I do this on any "off days" I feel too guilty for taking :)
  • FASTFUELXXX
    FASTFUELXXX Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    INSANITY. BCZ ITZ A KILLLER CHALLENGING WRKOUT PLUS IT GETS DA JOB DONE N JUX 2 MONTHS
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Brazil Butt Lift. It does what it promises and more. It promises to change the shape of your butt, which is does, but it's also a total body workout and works very well for the entire core.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Insanity.
    I LOVE it. It is the best work out ever! =) It doesn't matter if you're a beginner.. you just take it easier.. I'm doing X-Factor right now.. I was actually looking for other DVD's myself and found that one at Walmart for $30.00.. I looked up reviews and they were great! Ever one called it 'The Poor Man's P90X' =p It is good.. but I feel like Insanity is still a bit better.

=) Walmart also has other DVD's for like $10.
  • jezama77
    jezama77 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    From a long time ago, but still a fav of mine...the TransFirmer Step Aerobic workouts. I think they really work. They are fun and challenging to me. I do the Walk Away the Pounds sometimes because that Leslie is funny. Oh, and Hip Hop Abs is nice. Shaun T before he became 'insane'! I also do one of the Biggest Loser workouts from several seasons ago. I should probably invest in a Jillian dvd because I adore her. :)
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred
    Shred it with weights
    Ripped in 30

All include resistance training... I can up the weights and make it harder. Jillian keeps it interesting and it goes by fast.
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred. It is perfect. 30 mins, weights and cardio, 3 levels, and each of the 3 levels have options to make each exercise easier or more of a challenge. Circuit training keeps it interesting.
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred. It is perfect. 30 mins, weights and cardio, 3 levels, and each of the 3 levels have options to make each exercise easier or more of a challenge. Circuit training keeps it interesting.
  • emchip1983
    Options
    beach body mom work outs on you tube , they are low impact and fun x
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    whatver its free on youtube.... I have P90X, hip hop abs, and 6days 6 pack... but IDK what is about free videos that makes it so fun!!! maybe because you can have different workout every single day, and different instructors