When to do Cardio???

Options
Hi,

I am looking for weightloss/fat loss. My question is when is the best time to do cardio? I generally workout early in the morning. My pre-workout snack is 1 cup milk and 5 soaked almonds. After this I walk or interval run on threadmill for 20 mins. Post which I start my weight training and it continues for close to an hour. As I have to rush to work I dont do cardio post weight training. Cardio before workout is more like warm up for me. So what do you suggest when should I be doing cardio, before workout or post workout??

Replies

• gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    If it is just a warm up than before is fine. Anything more than after lifting is better. Why don't you try splitting it to 5 minutes warmup before and 15 minutes at a higher intensity afterwards (try HIIT). You definitely don't need a 20 minutes cardio warmup before a lifting session.
  • misskate1987
    Options
    I reckon this is one of those things that everyone will have a different opinion on - for me it hasn't really mattered when I've done it. It's just about getting it done.
  • rn000
    rn000 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    In my experience I found it doesn't matter when you get in your cardio. At the end of the day, the amount of calories you have burned and whether you are in a deficit is what matters