MFP Runner's Club - June 12

Options
kechiemc
kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
Good morning!

Today I am tapering for a 5k this weekend. So no running for me today. However, I just got back from a wonderful early morning walk. :smile:

Enjoy the day everyone
-Kechie.

Replies

• kechiemc
    Options
    Good morning!

Today I am tapering for a 5k this weekend. So no running for me today. However, I just got back from a wonderful early morning walk. :smile:

Enjoy the day everyone
    -Kechie.
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Ran 3 miles today. Our little group seems to only do 3 miles when we run. :laugh: No running tomorrow. I will be doing a class before we leave for vacation.

Have a great day everyone and enjoy your run.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!!!

Well my run last night got trumped by a difficult customer who kept me at work until 8:30pm!! By the time I got home and gave the ole DH some attention it was way to late to start running....:grumble:

SO, yesterday became my rest day - unscheduled but that is okay!!

Going to the gym to tonight and going to use that customers face as my motivation to kick butt in Body Pump Class!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
    188.gif
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Morning,

I got out this morning for my 5miles. I thought I was running fast but it took me 2 minutes longer than usual.
    It was a really good run anyway, no aches, no pains, just me and the birds!

Have great one!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Let me ask you ladies a question. For the past couple days I have been having a pain in my lower legs. It is near my shin bone but not right on top of it. More like right next to it. Are these the dreaded shin splints everyone talks about or is it something else?
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Let me ask you ladies a question. For the past couple days I have been having a pain in my lower legs. It is near my shin bone but not right on top of it. More like right next to it. Are these the dreaded shin splints everyone talks about or is it something else?

Sorry to hear that Sherry.:flowerforyou: I am not sure as I have never had shin splints.
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a rest day today as well. Today is my 6 year old's last day of kindergarten. Yippeee! I'm so happy....perhaps we can sleep past 6am for a while!

GL to everybody hitting the pavement or treadmill today.

Sherry, I've never had shin splints, but that's what it sounds like to me. There have been some suggestions on the message boards on how to handle them. Just do a search and hopefully you'll get some good help.

Happy trails!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Morning my muses!

Just got back from a 8-mile run. :noway: Was only gonna try for 7, but ya'll cheered me on for a extra mile, so smooches to you!! :smooched:

Now I just need my Advil Pez dispenser & I'm ready for the day! :drinker:
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I am slowly working into running and I have a ?. What kind of stretching do U do b4 running?
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Mind if I join your thread? I am getting ready for the AF Half Marathon in September. I only ran 5 miles this morning, it was rather humid and I just couldn't gather any more ambition then that.
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    "Advil Pez Dispenser" :laugh:

proudmama: only 5 miles? what's wrong with that? :laugh:

fatsis: I'm no expert, but I don't stretch before running; only after. I do walk to warm up, though. I could be totally wrong, though!

I got in my fastest 5 miles since I started using my Nike Plus! It was a lovely, cool morning and I enjoyed my run, except for when a dog started charging toward me and barking--until he reached the end of his leash! :frown: It startled me so much I almost jumped out of my shoes! I hate that! :ohwell:

The weekend is almost here and hubby has the day off tomorrow. Life is good! :heart:
  • proudmama0118
    Options

:laugh: Nothing wrong with 5, was just sorta hoping for at least 6.4, just ran out of steam though. It cracks me up to hear myself say "only 5" though, because about 4 months ago it killed me to try and do 2!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

:laugh: Nothing wrong with 5, was just sorta hoping for at least 6.4, just ran out of steam though. It cracks me up to hear myself say "only 5" though, because about 4 months ago it killed me to try and do 2!!

Good job & welcome to the thread! :flowerforyou: How many miles have you worked up for your 1/2marathon?

This morning's 8 just about killed me, don't know if I can do one in August like my hubby wants me to do. :embarassed:

fatsis - If I go running in the morning I try to do calf & hamstring stretches just to get my legs warmed up. If I go in the afternoon I'm not very good at stretching. :ohwell:

jules - dern dog! :angry: Glad you're okay! :flowerforyou:
  • proudmama0118
    Options
    I ran 7.2 on Tuesday. So far that is my longest one. My mom is moving down here this weekend so I am excited that I will have an extra helper with the kids so I can start going on longer runs. I run REALLY REALLY slow. But I run none the less. I already registered and paid for mine, so there is no turning back. Plus my commander knows I am doing it so I would look like an idiot if I dropped out!!
  • pam0206
    Options
    Morning my muses!

Just got back from a 8-mile run. :noway: Was only gonna try for 7, but ya'll cheered me on for a extra mile, so smooches to you!! :smooched:

WOW!!!:noway: Great job! So, what's holding you back from the 1/2 marathon? You could sooooooooooooooo do it! :smooched:
  • mking
    mking Posts: 45
    Options
    :smile: Hi everyone! Looks like everyone is doing a great job. I went running with my hubby last night. We got a babysitter to watch the 4 kids. It was good for us to get out running together. We ran 5.1 miles. Alot of uphill. In had to half run/walk some hills, but I made it. My hubby always does so much better, but he waits at the top of the hills for me cheering me on. :heart:

Have a great day:flowerforyou:

Melissa
  • pam0206
    Options
    :smile: Hi everyone! Looks like everyone is doing a great job. I went running with my hubby last night. We got a babysitter to watch the 4 kids. It was good for us to get out running together. We ran 5.1 miles. Alot of uphill. In had to half run/walk some hills, but I made it. My hubby always does so much better, but he waits at the top of the hills for me cheering me on. :heart:

Have a great day:flowerforyou:

Melissa

Wow~Kudos to you M for hiring a babysitter to go for a run! (Oh yeah, not to mention, your 5.1m:flowerforyou: ) We love those patient guys......
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Morning my muses!

WOW!!!:noway: Great job! So, what's holding you back from the 1/2 marathon? You could sooooooooooooooo do it! :smooched:

Absolutely she can!!

Come on Shannon!! You are an incredible runner!! You can do it!!!

Put in an intravenous line - for one for your advil and one for your wine.....and run!!
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Hi everyone. Mind if I join your thread? I am getting ready for the AF Half Marathon in September. I only ran 5 miles this morning, it was rather humid and I just couldn't gather any more ambition then that.

Wow!! Welcome!! you are absolutely welcome and we are so excited that you are brave enough to do a Half Marathon!! Whatever support you need, you will find it here!!

:flowerforyou:
    Tricia
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    I am slowly working into running and I have a ?. What kind of stretching do U do b4 running?

Stretching? what is this thing you speak of?

Seriously, we have discussed this before and we all seem to be pretty pathetic when it comes to the stretching...I do the 5 minute warm up prior and 5 minute cooldown (using my HRM as a guide) and rarely do any stretching....don't follow our example though....