good ideas for sides that aren't vegetables???

Options
124»

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Pasta, rice, garlic bread, dinner rolls

Wow, I have a hard time believing you earned that body by eating pasta and dinner rolls!

What's wrong with pasta and dinner rols?

You clearly don't know ACG.
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I would just make what I want and if didn't like it he could make his own food.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    farro (grain)

it's what the Roman soldiers ate, so tell your boyfriend it's sufficiently "manly"

Easy to cook too
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Yeah, don't buy the super taster excuse either. I have a strong taste aversion to bitter tastes, but still eat lots of veggies. Just cook what you feel that your body needs and let him deal with it.

My bf was like this too for a long time. I then got to the point when he asked, "What's for my dinner?", I'd hold up a pot and reply "Potluck! Here is the pot, and good luck!"

He finally got the message and started trying stuff I cooked, and then found that he actually liked many of them.
  • Kdhuynh54
    Options
    "I'm a super taster" seems to have become the go to excuse for people that don't want to eat vegetables. He may be a super taster, but if I was asked to put money down, I'd bet against it.

Yup. I'm not buying it, unless I hear a Dr. say it.

i find this strangely funny. he is a doctor. we actually both have doctoral degrees in the medical field. i buy it...i just find it a piss poor excuse.

this definitely wasn't supposed to be a *****fest about feeling obligated to cook for significant others...because i don't. i certainly would not if he expected it whatsoever and he is extremely grateful for every nice gesture i do. i honestly just want to do nice things for him because i can afford the time.