HELP! Any Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Options
Alright so here' my story. Exactly a year ago today I weighed in at an emberassing 275lbs, I know ridiculous right. Anyways after a year of hard work busting my *kitten* at they gym 5-6 days a week a lost 75lbs. ABout amonth ago I let my old habits slip back and strated gaining the weight back. So I found that its getting extremely harder to loose the weight than the first time. I gained 4lbs in a month and its time for me to get back on my A-Game. So I need help any suggestions are helpful. I made a Myfitnesspal account to help me loose the weight and i'm sorta confused on the informationg it gave me. My current weight is 204lbs My height is 5'9 (Male) it says that my Calorie allowance is 1,570 calories. My BMR is 1,900 and I go to the gym 6 days a week and burn around 1,000 calores a day. Can somebody tell me how many calores I should be consuming to loose around 2lbs a week. THANKS.

Replies

• trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    at least 1900! Gotta at least eat your BMR. Also, gaining 4lb is not 'gaining all the weight back''. Keep it in perspective, live healthy and you'll be fine. A lot of people can fluctuate that over a couple days....
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    you wanna net at least at your BMR, so after exercising still have eaten 1900 calories. Now losing 2 lbs a week isn't recommended because often times you don't do that healthily, so I would try eating a little above your BMR (my BMR is 1550 and I eat 1600)
  • SINNBEN
    Options
    I'd take another look at my workout you might be spending too much time there! It's maybe time to up the intensity of the workout & enjoy the after burn rather than spend all afternoon there. I'm still trying to figure this part out myself, lost 80 lbs a couple years ago & didnt make the switch in time, now I'm back up 20 lbs at least & hoping signing up here encourages me to find my focus & intensity! Much luck to us both.
  • chelsd23
    Options
    I currently weigh 201 and workout five to six days a week and I try to consume no more than 1290 calories a day. I'm also trying to lose 2lbs a week.
  • trudijoy
    Options
    you wanna net at least at your BMR, so after exercising still have eaten 1900 calories. Now losing 2 lbs a week isn't recommended because often times you don't do that healthily, so I would try eating a little above your BMR (my BMR is 1550 and I eat 1600)

this still confuses me a bit. i ate 1800 (BMR) today and excercised 800. I'm not eating those back. That's a crapload of extra food! I'm losing and fine with things, yet I read this periodically and it makes me wonder....
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options

this still confuses me a bit. i ate 1800 (BMR) today and excercised 800. I'm not eating those back. That's a crapload of extra food! I'm losing and fine with things, yet I read this periodically and it makes me wonder....

If you starved yourself you would lose weight too. I can't understand why people thing losing weight itself is proof that they are losing weight healthily.
  • trudijoy
    Options

If you starved yourself you would lose weight too. I can't understand why people thing losing weight itself is proof that they are losing weight healthily.

I had a lot of food today. I did a lot of excercise. I'm developing muscle, losing weight, feeling fantastic, fit, healthy and full of energy. I'm def not starving myself and your condescending tone isn't appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to reply, but still....

ETA it's possible I do need to eat more. This is all experimental and I don't claim to be an expert on it. Nor should you.
  • 1KiwiChick
    1KiwiChick Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    My personal trainer took a look at my diary. when i put into MFP i wanted to lose 2lb a week while exercising 6x week with an average burn of about 1000 cals it gave me 1250 cals per day. My trainer told me to either drop the required weight loss per week to up cals or stay at this and eat at least half my exercise cals as on 1250 and exercising over 1000 i was technically burning all my food and not fuelling my body at all. so i upped my cals and weight loss increased!! I have a pretty intense trainer who is totally on board with my goals . hopes this helps , im now expert but have been on here 18mths and done pretty well. :) add me if you like , good luck!