when does exercise give you energy?

Options
2»

Replies

• RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Your food diary is not open. I would say you probably are not eating enough. How many calories are you eating a day on average? If 1200 or lower and lots of work, horses, exercising etc. you don't have enough in your system to fuel your body. How many carbs are you eating? protein??

If you are eating enough (which I figure is the issue), and this is happening, I would make a doctor apt and have them check to see if your anemic.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    What are you eating and how much are you eating? If you are not eating enough of the right foods you will be tired especially with the active lifestyle. I wake up at 3am every morning and do not go to bed till about 9pm. I have energy through out the day even after lifting heavy and /or doing Insanity.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I don't know how much you are eating but my immediate thought would be that you are not eating enough.

Work out your TDEE here http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ With the amount of exercise and other physical activity in your day I would expect you to fit into one of the 'strenuous' categories which would give you a pretty high TDEE.

Eat enough to fuel your workouts and you should feel more energised, not burned out.
  • EmmaJean7
    EmmaJean7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You may not have enough energy bc your not eating enough sometimes. Don't forget also, mucking out stalls and riding the horse (depending on what your doing) is a great workout! Really get your heart rate up when your muckin the stalls out. When you ride are you just doing a slow and easy trail ride? If your doing like a 10 min trot or lope that is a great work out! Anything that gets your heart rate going
  • nebbz
    nebbz Posts: 18
    Options
    You may not have enough energy bc your not eating enough sometimes. Don't forget also, mucking out stalls and riding the horse (depending on what your doing) is a great workout! Really get your heart rate up when your muckin the stalls out. When you ride are you just doing a slow and easy trail ride? If your doing like a 10 min trot or lope that is a great work out! Anything that gets your heart rate going

first off thank you all for your advise, i will agree its definatly lack of food! i struggle to hit 1000 calories a day purley on lack of time. I realised this with the app. I dont update it often enough (i forget)

My gym time is 2-3 times a week, i do a fair amount of weights to build up my core mucles due to a back complaint, about 15-30 mins is cardio and i burn about 400-500 calories there, not sure how much more at the pool and i do about 20 lengths (tbh i dont struggle with this and could easily keep going but i want to sit in the jaccuzzi and sauna, mentally i must work hard for this treat)

for me and my relationship with food, its a poor relationship and if i could avoid it like the plague i would, its not that i dislike it as i love food, but after many years of bullying in school and then stopping eating if people were around (as if i was seen eaten i was bullied or beaten for it) and then binging when i got home. Ive stopped this cycle, and now just eat what ever is accessable and quick (or fits in my bag for work) in general...its bad lmao!