Have you tried this?

Raspberry Ketones? I have a bottle that contains them plus Acai. Has anyone tried this and if so, what help was it?

Replies

• 2JOEZ
    2JOEZ Posts: 9
    i tried them before, didnt really do anything for me. I think all the hype came from Dr. OZ. people were going crazy over it because he was promoting it on his show. The way i heard it was suppose to work was, it takes 3 weeks for your body to notice it and speed up your metabolism and turn it into fat burning mode ( i believe, dont quote me on it ). the only thing i noticed was how my body was shaping up. maybe it is from the ketones? who knows, i was on a strict diet at the time. Maybe there is some significant benefit from it, but i personally wouldnt buy it again. If you see results from it, keep at it! more power to you. :).
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    i tried them before, didnt really do anything for me. I think all the hype came from Dr. OZ. people were going crazy over it because he was promoting it on his show. The way i heard it was suppose to work was, it takes 3 weeks for your body to notice it and speed up your metabolism and turn it into fat burning mode ( i believe, dont quote me on it ). the only thing i noticed was how my body was shaping up. maybe it is from the ketones? who knows, i was on a strict diet at the time. Maybe there is some significant benefit from it, but i personally wouldnt buy it again. If you see results from it, keep at it! more power to you. :).

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that it should take two weeks to work. Well, since I have a bottle, I think that I will use it and see what happens.
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Doesn't do a thing.
  • Lulzaroonie
    Lulzaroonie Posts: 222 Member
    It takes 3 weeks for your body to notice it... And THEN it makes your metabolism increase?
    You know what increases your metabolism almost immediately? Exercise... Swimming, yoga, doesn't have to be hardcore.
    I don't recommend pills, of any form. Raspberry ketone shows absolutely no efficacy for weight loss, and there isn’t even one tiny little study demonstrating that anybody ever lost weight taking raspberry ketone.
  • 2JOEZ
    2JOEZ Posts: 9
    It takes 3 weeks for your body to notice it... And THEN it makes your metabolism increase?
    You know what increases your metabolism almost immediately? Exercise... Swimming, yoga, doesn't have to be hardcore.
    I don't recommend pills, of any form. Raspberry ketone shows absolutely no efficacy for weight loss, and there isn’t even one tiny little study demonstrating that anybody ever lost weight taking raspberry ketone.

couldnt have said it better. I really do believe people started to buy them because of Dr. Oz. There is no such thing as a miracle pill which helps you lose weight.
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member

Trufax.
    Not to mention that there have been reports of some unpleasant side-effects from pills containing it, including heart palpitations. How lovely.
  • Lulzaroonie
    Lulzaroonie Posts: 222 Member

Trufax.
    Not to mention that there have been reports of some unpleasant side-effects from pills containing it, including heart palpitations. How lovely.

That's how most of these things work. They increase the heart rate so raising the body's core temperature. When you start mucking around with stuff that makes your heart work faster/harder, thats when I jump ship.