Daily Workout Plan Help!

Hey, I am new and this time planning on really sticking to my weight loss goal! Anyone have a good daily workout they have found to be successful? I am not sure what is too much or too little. Appreciate any feedback!

Replies

• MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    How often do you go to the gym, for how long? What are your goals?
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    I use www.freetrainers.com It's free and they design a workout based on your specifications. It usually keeps me focused.
  • Well I have always been the person to hit the gym really regular for about 2 weeks, then stop. I am planning on 3-4 days a week, but I want a good general home workout in case I can't make it to the gym. I am never sure if I am doing enough or too little. I want to lose about 50 lbs.
  • Thanks for the feedback. I will check the website out.
  • Denise1224
    Denise1224 Posts: 150 Member
    Well I have always been the person to hit the gym really regular for about 2 weeks, then stop. I am planning on 3-4 days a week, but I want a good general home workout in case I can't make it to the gym. I am never sure if I am doing enough or too little. I want to lose about 50 lbs.

I would say (and I'm no expert) that any movement is better than none and you'll know when its enough or too much because your body will tell you when its reached its exhaustion point :-)

I have an eliptical in my house and when I work out at home its either laps in the pool or 35-45 min on the eliptical I hope that helps

Good luck to you!!!
  • zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    Hey, I am new and this time planning on really sticking to my weight loss goal! Anyone have a good daily workout they have found to be successful? I am not sure what is too much or too little. Appreciate any feedback!

Depending on what you want to do; I use bodybuilding.com. It's free, it's simple. I made an account, filled out my age, weight, height, etc. and then used the tools to tailor a weekly workout routine that mixes weights and cardio. I work out 5 days a week and rest two. Most workouts take around an hour. I just bookmarked my workout page on my phone and use it at the gym to go through the routines depending on which day I'm on.
  • darkangelinvb
    darkangelinvb Posts: 15 Member
    I use the Gorilla Workout app on my phone. You may start as a cute little monkey, but eventually you become the Gorilla. It is a fun little way to get your basics in (push-ups, bird dogs, planks..etc)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    If you're stopping after two weeks, it might be that you're approaching it the wrong way. Find something that you enjoy that is also exercise. My wife loves spin class and goes religiously, but I'd rather have bamboo shoved under my fingernails. I love running, the arc trainer, and heavy lifting... so I do that often.

The answers are going to be subjective.. just like the answer to "what's the best pizza" is gonna be "the one you like the best."
  • I use www.freetrainers.com It's free and they design a workout based on your specifications. It usually keeps me focused.

I will have to check this out too!

To the OP since your known to go for about 2 weeks and then stop, I would do workouts where you are pushing yourself, but don't do it to the extreme where you get burnt out quickly! For example you just want to focus on cardio at first and try to increase your time each time. Make it like your own personal challenge against yourself!

Feel free to add me if you want!
  • I like sworkit an app for my phone. You don't need any equipment (other than smartphone) and I do core stregnth for 15 minutes, stretches for 15 (full body, though on both you can choose a target area,) and then I walk/jog. I have added HIIT recently to try to lose fat.
  • Gurlyknockout
    Gurlyknockout Posts: 115 Member

Depending on what you want to do; I use bodybuilding.com. It's free, it's simple. I made an account, filled out my age, weight, height, etc. and then used the tools to tailor a weekly workout routine that mixes weights and cardio. I work out 5 days a week and rest two. Most workouts take around an hour. I just bookmarked my workout page on my phone and use it at the gym to go through the routines depending on which day I'm on.

Thanks for the idea!
  • Thanks everyone for the feedback. I have found an online program that looks to be promising after all the advice. I really appreciate it!
  • Depending on what you want to do; I use bodybuilding.com. It's free, it's simple. I made an account, filled out my age, weight, height, etc. and then used the tools to tailor a weekly workout routine that mixes weights and cardio. I work out 5 days a week and rest two. Most workouts take around an hour. I just bookmarked my workout page on my phone and use it at the gym to go through the routines depending on which day I'm on.

Definitely agree with bodybuilding.com. Don't let the "bodybuilding" part scare you! You'll get lean and toned, not huge. :) They have a lot of great workout plans that you can modify to fit your schedule or abilities.