Stick with it!

Options
I'm finding it really hard to stick to my life style change on a daily basis. I'm working full time and going to nursing school full time... Any tips on easy snacks and foods to eat? Or websites with great simple, fast, and most of all yummy recipes?

Replies

• psychedmom
    psychedmom Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has great recipies that are yummy. For snacks, I always have veggies cut up on hand which I eat with hummus or laughing cow cheese, fruit, nuts, string cheese. Good luck.
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    try googling "overnight oats" for yummy breakfast recipes. I have fresh fruit, veg, humus and greek yogurt on hand as staples at all times for snacks. I second skinnytaste's website as well!
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I do much better when I plan ahead. SkinnyTaste.com is great - never made a bad recipe from there. I also like http://kitchen-parade-veggieventure.blogspot.com/ and searching the Comfort Food Diet from TasteofHome.com

My go-to snacks are string cheese, nuts (almonds/walnuts), fruit, veggies, hardboiled eggs, oatmeal, greek yogurt (I get plain and mix it in), etc.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl has a lot of healthy, quick recipes as well.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Personally while you are going through nursing school I would focus on just portion control and exercise when you can. Does your school have stairs? Do 15minutes of up and done between classes thats a killer.